Player Discussion Josh Ho-Sang

TkachukMyAho

Apr 13, 2007
He isn’t worth it, and his skills are not that good. He was an extremely overhyped guy.

Agree with this. With the youth and skill in the pipeline there's no need to even consider anything that would potentially poison the well. If he had as much skill as people say he'd be an NHL regular by now.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I mean I’d try him if he was free. Worst case he’s useless and can sit in the press box without us worrying about his development. Best case regular NHL minutes turns him into a legit player. I’d do the Filatov trade again and again, even with how terribly it turned out. Cheap teams like us need to take a chance on flawed players.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Offensive skills aren't translating into top 6 production at the NHL level, which is what he'd need to do to justify his poor two-way game and (apparently) bad attitude.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I mean I’d try him if he was free. Worst case he’s useless and can sit in the press box without us worrying about his development. Best case regular NHL minutes turns him into a legit player. I’d do the Filatov trade again and again, even with how terribly it turned out. Cheap teams like us need to take a chance on flawed players.
He was free, he was on waivers already and nobody wanted him on their NHL roster.

He’s been on the outs, publicly, for over a year. If a team wanted to get him, he would have been traded. Then after he wasn’t traded, he was on waivers for whomever wanted to grab him and nobody made a claim.

It sucks, but sometimes you dig your own grave. He definitely had the talent to play in the NHL in some fashion, but he couldn’t get out of his own way, and couldn’t stop putting a foot in his mouth.

How often does a recent 1st round pick get sent home because he forgot to set an alarm for training camp? I’d have sent him to another team ASAP when that happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: Icelevel

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He isn’t worth it, and his skills are not that good. He was an extremely overhyped guy.

Another guy I had countless arguments with people who kept saying how skilled he was & Ottawa needs more skill. Turns out he was a bad pick, is there anyone in the 2020 draft top 10 that you think is over hyped this yr?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Another guy I had countless arguments with people who kept saying how skilled he was & Ottawa needs more skill. Turns out he was a bad pick, is there anyone in the 2020 draft top 10 that you think is over hyped this yr?
Sanderson and Lundell? lol

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

Rossi and Quinn.

Reactions: BondraTime

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Could be a piece in Belleville ... we have some dead prospect forward Space between Norris/Brown and Pinto + 2020 DP’s.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I still have him 3rd but Stutzle for me by quite a large margin

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
if he is cheap enough i would take a chance on him. If he doesnt pan out send him to the ahl, if he shows any problem at any time cut him. When i say cheap enough i mean like a 5th or 7th. Where the chances of us drafting an impact nhl piece are low so it is worth a shot

Reactions: 6stringmofo

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Hi. I checked into your team page for draft chatter. But I saw this. JHS is VERY weak on the puck. A strong breeze would lead him to turn it over. He has skill, but not nhl ability. It’s a shame. I do think that he got a raw deal reputation-wise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad