Speculation: Josh Gorges Holding Out Hope For NHL Opportunity

brokenwolf88

Nov 27, 2017
He's done. Time to call it a career. And a pretty good one considering he was never drafted.

HabsInsider

Buy XRP.
Mar 2, 2013
I remember when the Leafs wanted him (and my Habs didn't) but he bitterly turned down the trade. Since then, he hasn't been the same player. Not a good look.

Reactions: Critical91

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
He became a whipping boy for sure but I do feel bad for him. He deserves more and is all heart. Wish him the best moving forward.

He was absolutely terrible. In the never ending list of bad moves Tim Murray made as GM, giving away a second rounder for Gorges was near the top.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The Habs should bring him back. They're going to be eating a lot of rubber.

As an aside, this guy's stats are amazing. In his prime he barely averaged a shot once every two games.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
The Habs should bring him back. They're going to be eating a lot of rubber.

As an aside, this guy's stats are amazing. In his prime he barely averaged a shot once every two games.

That's because he spent his career hemmed in his own zone. 50% of his shots were just clearing attempts.

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
Leafs should sign him, he would be their second best d-man. Who knows maybe he’s the key piece to get them out of the first round.

Reactions: threeVo

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Spare bottom pair defender with experience,likely gets him a cheap 1 year deal somewhere

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
If he's holding out for a one way contract, good luck with that. He might get it, but if your counting on Gorges to be more then a 7th dman at this point, then your defense isn't very good.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Leafs should sign him, he would be their second best d-man. Who knows maybe he’s the key piece to get them out of the first round.

Leafs don't want players who don't want to wear the sweater. And Gorges would be lucky to be the 6th best D on the roster at this point. It isn't 2013 anymore.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

Cotton

May 13, 2013

He would be our 7th D man, but even if they were interested he burned bridges by providing a reason as to why he nixed the trade the last time. Some nonsense about a Canadiens/Maple Leafs rivalry and not being able to stomach switching sides.

Considering we actually have a rivalry with Buffalo I can't see how his view has changed.

Would make a good addition to the habs though, you could maybe parlay him into a 3rd round pick which would certainly having a greater shot at an NHL career than that bust you just drafted 3rd overall.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I think Gorges is a good guy. He always played tough, but he's completely shot at this point. He's taken such a beating over his career that's he a shell of the player he used to be. You don't want him as a 7D, believe me.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad