NFL: Josh Gordon suffers another setback, not able to play with Seahawks

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
This will sound bad. But I wouldn't be surprised if one of these days, the headline is "Josh Gordon found dead".

It is very sad, but I have that feeling.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
sucks to hear. i have no doubt if he had been able to stay out of trouble that he'd be on his way to a HOF career by now

easily one of the most talented WRs i've ever seen

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I want to know how he got cleared and then immediately has it rescinded.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I want to know how he got cleared and then immediately has it rescinded.

Me too.
"Seahawks coach Pete Carroll wasn’t at liberty then to discuss what terms Gordon violated in the league’s confidential program for drug offenders." -source is Gregg Bell.

I dislike that the league's program is confidential. So the league can just turn this thing on and off at will? Does he have to submit a sample every week or something? They won't even disclose if this was a new occurrence.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Me too.
"Seahawks coach Pete Carroll wasn’t at liberty then to discuss what terms Gordon violated in the league’s confidential program for drug offenders." -source is Gregg Bell.

I dislike that the league's program is confidential. So the league can just turn this thing on and off at will? Does he have to submit a sample every week or something? They won't even disclose if this was a new occurrence.
In the case of someone like Gordon with serious addiction problems, I’m fine with this remaining private. I don’t think we need to be kept up to date with every relapse he has.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
In the case of someone like Gordon with serious addiction problems, I’m fine with this remaining private. I don’t think we need to be kept up to date with every relapse he has.

For sure, to be more clear I'm talking about how the league uses it's power. Like GKJ said, why clear him and then quickly reverse that.
Guess we'll never know but I hope Josh is okay.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
No, it’s really not. Not even close, not even zero percent.
The only part it isn't is the lack of a forced labor component. But the state can and will diagnose in a manner most beneficial to itself even when an individual can still run their lives or their family member can care for them.
You obviously never experienced it, particularly when employed doctors exploit the fact someone may be behind a language barrier but diagnose the person with depression and then drug them on a combo of Zoloft and Respiradl.. Once put in to that state, maybe there's three years of life left if its' the "usual" case of an old person.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00