NFL: Josh Gordon reinstated (signs with the Chiefs)

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
He will be a big boost to the receiver core. The likelihood that he's able to last the entire season though is not good.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Good for him. When the Pats acquired him last year I had a feeling this may finally be the time where he gets his head straight. Its obvious his issues go beyond drugs but Kraft/Belichik/Brady have made the team very player friendly and typically want the best for their colleagues. Case in point being how they really tried to help Seau the short time he was with the team.

I hope for Gordon's sake he's done with getting suspended. Maybe Justin Blackmon can take notes or see him as an inspiration. Gordon looked good last year so here's hoping he can rediscover his 2013 form.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Well, it’s not fair.

When he was with the Browns, Josh Gordon would be suspended for entire seasons at a time. Now that he's a Patriot, he's reinstated after only missing a few games. Can't say I'm surprised.

Brady was suspended for 4 games based on inconclusive evidence and nothing rock solid. Don't think Goodell has ever cared to help the Pats.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Brady was suspended for 4 games based on inconclusive evidence and nothing rock solid. Don't think Goodell has ever cared to help the Pats.
Brady was really suspended for destroying his phone to hide evidence.

Robert Kraft is caught breaking the law on a game day, and there won't be any punishment handed down to him.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain

Robert Kraft is caught breaking the law on a game day, and there won't be any punishment handed down to him.

Except, you know, science which proves that deflategate was a farce

As far as I'm aware Kraft's court case hasn't actually concluded so I'm sure you'll be hearing about that in the future but go on and complain about how a man getting a $100 rub n' tug deserves to be banished from the league or whatever absurd punishment you think is fair.

Are you really crying over the Patriots schedule which is determined years in advance by a formula that every team follows? God, you are just as big of a whiner as ChrisK97...

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Except, you know, science which proves that deflategate was a farce but don't let that get in the way of you ridiculous opinions.

As far as I'm aware Kraft's court case hasn't actually concluded so I'm sure you'll be hearing about that in the future but go on and complain about how a man getting a $100 rub n' tug deserves to be banished from the league or whatever absurd punishment you think is fair.

Are you really crying over the Patriots schedule which is determined years in advance by a formula that every team follows? God, you are just as big of a whiner as ChrisK97...
I'm just responding to these silly claims that the league has been unfair to the Patriots, but I appreciate your whining about my whining.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

There was no proof he was "hiding evidence" let alone in his phone. Famous people destroy phones all the time to prevent old ones from being stolen and information being recovered from them. He'd have to guilty in order to get in trouble for "destroying evidence" and if you read the report, they couldn't conclude that he was guilty of anything. The only reason he and the team were punished for that whole thing was a coalition of owners thought Goodell went too easy on them after Spygate (which NE was not the only team "spying")

"Breaking the law" is stretching it. Yea I suppose technically he may have but he wasn't exactly caught driving drunk and with bags of pills like Irsay was. He was doing something tons of males do, the only reason it was news is because of his status. Hasn't even been found guilty of anything and likely wont be due to the ridiculousness of the whole thing.

Reactions: jgatie and pockets

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
I'm just responding to these silly claims that the league has been unfair to the Patriots, but I appreciate your whining about my whining.
I'm just pointing out that your notions of the league catering to the Patriots are laughable when the past proves the exact opposite. If you honestly believe that Deflategate was completely justified and fair then I don't know what to tell you...

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
Except, you know, science which proves that deflategate was a farce

How does the science prove that deflategate was a farce? For instance

The Exponent science report concluded that no credible environmental or physical factors within the game characteristics fully explain the additional loss of pressure in the Patriots footballs relative to the Colts footballs.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I'm just pointing out that your notions of the league catering to the Patriots are laughable when the past proves the exact opposite. If you honestly believe that Deflategate was completely justified and fair then I don't know what to tell you...
What past are you talking about? You mean spygate where the Patriots were caught cheating?

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
Is that a quote from the Wells report?

I assume you're referring to Exponent which the NFL hired and is the same "independent" firm that concluded that second hand smoke doesn't cause cancer, yeah they seem completely credible.

Yes, it is from Exponent report, as you can read from the first few words of the sentence. I'm not sure how ad hominem would override the basis of that study, but from the Wells report.

Wells concluded that, while there is no absolute certainty, there was no studied "set of credible environmental or physical factors that completely accounts" for the total measured pressure loss

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
Yes, it is from Exponent report, as you can read from the first few words of the sentence. I'm not sure how ad hominem would override the basis of that study, but from the Wells report.

Science says Patriots never tampered footballs

The point being that both the hiring of Wells and Exponent to investigate wasn't actually about providing an independent and truthful report but instead to prove the conclusion that Goodell had already reached ie Brady and the Patriots guilt.

Last edited:

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
What past are you talking about? You mean spygate where the Patriots were caught cheating?

You guys can believe what you want about Deflategate, Spygate or whatever other "gate" you want, I really don't give a f*** either way and we've gotten way off-topic. It also doesn't change the fact that I think @Troy McClure looks foolish for saying that the league reinstating Gordon is unfair, or insinuating that the league is giving the Pats preferential treatment because of their schedule or for Kraft not being disciplined (yet).

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
You guys can believe what you want about Deflategate, Spygate or whatever other "gate" you want, I really don't give a **** either way and we've gotten way off-topic. It also doesn't change the fact that I think @Troy McClure looks foolish for saying that the league reinstating Gordon is unfair, or insinuating that the league is giving the Pats preferential treatment because of their schedule or for Kraft not being disciplined (yet).
Pats fans are so sensitive.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
How is this guy allowed back in? Wasn't he one suspension away from being banned for life two suspensions ago? The rules never apply to these cheaters. It's because he has the golden girls backing him with their bff Goodell.

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
You guys can believe what you want about Deflategate, Spygate or whatever other "gate" you want, I really don't give a **** either way and we've gotten way off-topic. It also doesn't change the fact that I think @Troy McClure looks foolish for saying that the league reinstating Gordon is unfair, or insinuating that the league is giving the Pats preferential treatment because of their schedule or for Kraft not being disciplined (yet).

I've never said anything about my beliefs, I just stated two statements from two individual reports. I don't really care about Deflategate, it's not like it changed any outcome or anything, and I don't really have a personal opinion on it. I'm just saying your arguments, which are along the lines of "science proves that deflategate was a farce" or "If you honestly believe that Deflategate was completely justified and fair then I don't know what to tell you...", are pretty poor. Apologies if it rustles your jimmies, hopefully you'll be able to recover :(

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
I've never said anything about my beliefs, I just stated two statements from two individual reports. I don't really care about Deflategate, it's not like it changed any outcome or anything, and I don't really have a personal opinion on it. I'm just saying your arguments, which are along the lines of "science proves that deflategate was a farce" or "If you honestly believe that Deflategate was completely justified and fair then I don't know what to tell you...", are pretty poor. Apologies if it rustles your jimmies, hopefully you'll be able to recover :(
My apologies, I should have included a link to the article which supports my initial claim (and follow up claim), that science proves Deflategate was a farce, in my initial post instead of a follow up post which I see you conveniently disregarded. I have learned my lesson and will make sure to do this in the future...

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
How is this guy allowed back in? Wasn't he one suspension away from being banned for life two suspensions ago? The rules never apply to these cheaters. It's because he has the golden girls backing him with their bff Goodell.

The NFL wont ban you for life if you take the proper stops to get better. Gordon has been in and out of therapy and rehab, trying to make himself a better person.

Besides, the NFL has no issues letting domestic violence offenders play so it wouldn't be fair to ban someone for non-PED drugs.

Their BFF Goodell who suspended their franchise QB based on nothing.

Pats still living rent free :laugh:

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
The NFL wont ban you for life if you take the proper stops to get better. Gordon has been in and out of therapy and rehab, trying to make himself a better person.

Besides, the NFL has no issues letting domestic violence offenders play so it wouldn't be fair to ban someone for non-PED drugs.

Their BFF Goodell who suspended their franchise QB based on nothing.

Pats still living rent free :laugh:

Peyton had HGH delivered to his house, but then said it was "for his wife"

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

You have to be a work. You are like those fake Twitter accounts that mock Patriot haters by posting stuff so over the top it makes them look silly, right?

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
That's a bit of a surprise. You'd figure the cat was on his last life but here he comes again. Inb4 Southgeorge says the league is rigged.

This is an interesting case. While i don't blame the NFL for dropping the hammer on him (i get it, weed is legal in a good part of the country) considering he's had so many bloody changes and at some point it becomes more about how stupid one is, rather than the legality of a drug, i do wonder if this signals somewhat of a changing in thinking in the NFL's eyes.

At some point, weed will be legal in a bigger % of the country and both the NFL and NBA will have to change policy.

Honest question though, do you think the NFL still busts guys for positive MJ tests?

It’s legal in a number of places. You’ve got all the recent attention to opioid abuse and addiction in society as a whole, and in the NFL where it’s rampant. Not going to get into the debate about the evidence behind MJ for pain control, but I think it’s been generally established that it’s a safer alternative to opioids. Does the NFL really want to deal with the fallout of a player suspended for MJ use that winds up going back on Vicodin and getting horribly addicted? Or needing a liver transplant at 40 from all the Toradol shots they’ve taken?

Usually when I hear NFL drug suspension, I automatically assume ‘hard’ drugs or PEDs. I wonder if they’re gradually letting weed slip by.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad