NFL: Josh Gordon reinstated (signs with the Chiefs)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Honest question though, do you think the NFL still busts guys for positive MJ tests?

It’s legal in a number of places. You’ve got all the recent attention to opioid abuse and addiction in society as a whole, and in the NFL where it’s rampant. Not going to get into the debate about the evidence behind MJ for pain control, but I think it’s been generally established that it’s a safer alternative to opioids. Does the NFL really want to deal with the fallout of a player suspended for MJ use that winds up going back on Vicodin and getting horribly addicted? Or needing a liver transplant at 40 from all the Toradol shots they’ve taken?

Usually when I hear NFL drug suspension, I automatically assume ‘hard’ drugs or PEDs. I wonder if they’re gradually letting weed slip by.

Considering how ass backwards the league brass is? Yes.

They're not forward thinking enough to just let it go. Hell even the NBA, who by accounts is a lot more progressive still suspends guys for it.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Peyton had HGH delivered to his house, but then said it was "for his wife"
upload_2021-9-25_10-40-17.jpeg

Reactions: Tryamw

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Cant do much worse for a flier. Depends how much juice he has left. The Chiefs are awful at the skill positions outside of Kelce and Hill. They badly need a 3rd option.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm guessing Adam Schefter wasn't first to report this, because he's just tweeting it over and over again so that he's all over the timeline

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Has a career threatening neck injury, misses the whole season. Then comes back throw 55 TDs and then drops off the face of the earth and can barley throw the ball 15 yds his final season. You do the math
Patriots+ league discipline + Massholes= Pointing fingers at the other 31 teams.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Has a career threatening neck injury, misses the whole season. Then comes back throw 55 TDs and then drops off the face of the earth and can barley throw the ball 15 yds his final season. You do the math

The math being his stuff was quite clearly not as good as the stuff Brady has been taking?

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I'm guessing Adam Schefter wasn't first to report this, because he's just tweeting it over and over again so that he's all over the timeline
These “insiders” are super petty when it comes to this stuff. It’s just Twitter, guys. No one cares who got the call from the agent first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad