Player Discussion Josh Brown (D) signs two-year deal (1.2M AAV)

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Zub, Brown, Zaitsev, Reilly on the blueline this year. I guess the kids aren't alright. Not a whole lotta room for the signature piece of the Mark Stone deal which was the best day of Dorion's life.
Chabot - Zaitsev
Wolanin - Reilly
Brannstrom - Zub
Brown
It ain't pretty but that would be my guess, with Jaros being the next call up when injuries eventually happen because everyone is out of shape and hasn't played in 10 months because of COVID.

Reactions: Deku

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Cashed in that 4th rounder for some real money RFA savings, another win for the fanba...err owner!

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
i think this means reilly gets traded in a deal where we pick up cap hit and bran gets more seasoning time (which honestly isnt a bad thing)

Chabot-Zaistev
Wolanin-Zub/Brown/Jaros
xxxx-Zub/Brown/Jaros

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Chabot - Zaitsev
Wolanin - Reilly
Brannstrom - Zub
Brown
It ain't pretty but that would be my guess, with Jaros being the next call up when injuries eventually happen because everyone is out of shape and hasn't played in 10 months because of COVID.
I guess more is good, but quality is lacking here.

Last edited:

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Chabot - Zaitsev
Wolanin - Reilly
Brannstrom - Zub
Brown
Rosters will be expanded as well. They will be able to rotate many D

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Zub, Brown, Zaitsev, Reilly on the blueline this year. I guess the kids aren't alright. Not a whole lotta room for the signature piece of the Mark Stone deal which was the best day of Dorion's life.

This doesn’t mean the kids won’t play, it just means they’ll have to outperform the guys you mentioned for ice time.

If Brannstrom/Wolanin/Jaros can’t beat Brown and Reilly, then they shouldn’t be playing anyways.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I still don't see the point of Reilly honestly.

He served his purpose well last season, but keep in mind he was brought in at a time where we didn’t plan to use Wolanin or Brannstrom for the rest of the season. With both guys competing for spots, I would move Reilly if possible. Reilly for Russell is a good base, imo.

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019
Assuming that they don't want to expose Chabot, Wolanin, and Zaitsev to Seattle, by signing Brown for 2 years he qualifies as the D that Ottawa has to expose to Seattle. He will have played the mandatory games and is signed into 21-22

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Assuming that they don't want to expose Chabot, Wolanin, and Zaitsev to Seattle, by signing Brown for 2 years he qualifies as the D that Ottawa has to expose to Seattle. He will have played the mandatory games and is signed into 21-22
Why wouldn't they expose Zaitsev?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I guess more is good, but quality is lacking here.
They need another top 4 who can eat minutes and not be a deficit. For sake of argument I’ll throw in Cernak.

Chabot - Cernak
Brannstrom- Zaitsev
Wolanin - Brown
Reilly

Zub gets his feet wet in the AHL.

One good addition would make a world of difference and the slotting would make more sense.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
They need another top 4 who can eat minutes and not be a deficit. For sake of argument I’ll throw in Cernak.

Chabot - Cernak
Brannstrom- Zaitsev
Wolanin - Brown
Reilly

Zub gets his feet wet in the AHL.

One good addition would make a world of difference and the slotting would make more sense.
I dont think there is any plan of playing Zub in the AHL.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Chabot - Zaitsev
Wolanin - Reilly
Brannstrom - Zub
Brown

I don't see Reilly playing his off side or in the top 4.

Either we play Brannstrom on the right side or we play Zub and Brown in the bottom 4 on the Right imo.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
So please tell me that we have stopped barking up Hainsey's tree. Please tell me that at least.

Also how the hell do you expect your young guys to get quality minutes in order to develop if you keep signing fringe NHLers to take up a roster spot?

Do we really need 3 of Zub, Reilly, Brown? I actually don't mind the trade for Brown and his signing.

Reactions: teddygmr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad