Value of: Josh Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
He clearly has more value to Habs fans than the rest of the league. At this point after several attempts by Habs fans to find any interest it’s clear that there is none. At least not at the price of his contract.

Hughes tells LeBrun they were offered a 1st In a sad attempt to pump his value at the TDL. LeBrun puts it out there like the good little monkey he is. Habs reporters go back to Hughes and he confirms. Habs fans “there has been multiple sources”!

It’s just one source. Just Hughes. That’s it.
I mean, come on, this is such a stretch that if I hadn’t read all your previous posts on here shitting on Anderson and Habs fans, I’d think you were joking.

So a HF cadre of shadowy unknowns has decreed there is “zero interest”, while you create a completely fabricated scenario about LeBrun (the best insider not named McKenzie) and you’re supposed to be taken seriously? Interesting.

For the record, Seravalli and Dreger also confirmed there was a ton of interest in Anderson, but I’m sure they’re all just fabricating stories or some other such nonsense.

“It’s gotta be true Ts Quint wrote it”

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
I mean, come on, this is such a stretch that if I hadn’t read all your previous posts on here shitting on Anderson and Habs fans, I’d think you were joking.

So a HF cadre of shadowy unknowns has decreed there is “zero interest”, while you create a completely fabricated scenario about LeBrun (the best insider not named McKenzie) and you’re supposed to be taken seriously? Interesting.

For the record, Seravalli and Dreger also confirmed there was a ton of interest in Anderson, but I’m sure they’re all just fabricating stories or some other such nonsense.

So you think you should just be able to tell fan bases they have to like Anderson and that's the way it is. Thats super. Anything else the world has to believe because you say so? No one wants him just keep the day dreaming on the Habs board. Because there is none on the main boards.

That is what happened. LeBrun put that tweet out just for Hughes, Hughes got asked about it in an interview a couple days later and confirms. All Habs reporters print it as confirmed, boom its "widely reported" through the Habs echo chamber. No other team has reports of interest just Hughes little monkey.

Serevalli and Dreger are just "hearing things/rumours" as they like to say. Know what theyre hearing? The echo chamber that Hughes and LeBrun created. No other teams linked. Now they can all get their clicks off the same BS.

LeBrun is an idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: Buffdog and jfhabs

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
So you think you should just be able to tell fan bases they have to like Anderson and that's the way it is. Thats super. Anything else the world has to believe because you say so? No one wants him just keep the day dreaming on the Habs board. Because there is none on the main boards.
No one is telling anyone they must like Josh Anderson, but if you think the Canadiens are desperate to get rid of him, or would settle for a 2nd, 4th. c-prospect (grabbed this from the yard sale thread), you are incorrect. The Canadiens like Josh Anderson and trading him would require a nice return. Don't like Anderson, or don't want to pay the price, don't trade for him.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019

I feel like a 1st + for Anderson makes sense at 50% retained but there is no way there was a offer with no retention

Reactions: TopCheese

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016

No one is saying Anderson is an AHL-calibre dreg. Of course teams will check in with a terrible team like the Habs to see how aggressive they are in selling off their players. Why not ask? After all, a 50% retained contract does have value. A zero retention contract does not have value (even pro-Anderson posters admit that no contenders would take on Anderson’s contract with no retention).

Don’t get so excited when media personalities say there is a lot of interest in the player. Who do you think tells them that and why are they telling them that? Obviously, it’s a Hab person with the intention of bumping perceived value.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
No one is telling anyone they must like Josh Anderson, but if you think the Canadiens are desperate to get rid of him, or would settle for a 2nd, 4th. c-prospect (grabbed this from the yard sale thread), you are incorrect. The Canadiens like Josh Anderson and trading him would require a nice return. Don't like Anderson, or don't want to pay the price, don't trade for him.
No one is asking for Anderson. No one even considers him for the unsolicited prices Habs fans post. Its just Habs fans trying to unload him.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
No one is saying Anderson is an AHL-calibre dreg. Of course teams will check in with a terrible team like the Habs to see how aggressive they are in selling off their players. Why not ask? After all, a 50% retained contract does have value. A zero retention contract does not have value (even pro-Anderson posters admit that no contenders would take on Anderson’s contract with no retention).

Don’t get so excited when media personalities say there is a lot of interest in the player. Who do you think tells them that and why are they telling them that? Obviously, it’s a Hab person with the intention of bumping perceived value.

Retention, retention...

No team would retain on such a 5 years contract.

But sending a contract back?

Yeah sure.

That's probably what's gonna happen if he gets traded.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I feel like a 1st + for Anderson makes sense at 50% retained but there is no way there was a offer with no retention
At no time has any insider mentioned the offers were contingent on retention. You can make up whatever you want to support your position but there’s no evidence to say that’s the case

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
25 goal 0.5 PPG scorer for 5.5M for next 4 years? Can't say it's a great deal.
No one thinks it's a great deal. It's just not a terrible one like some people keep trying to say. He brings much more to the table than points.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
At no time has any insider mentioned the offers were contingent on retention. You can make up whatever you want to support your position but there’s no evidence to say that’s the case
Was there evidence to support there was no retention? If not then the discussion is moot so there isn’t a lot of point of arguing but I just don’t see how a team like Tampa could possibly fit him in without retention

Reactions: Bluenotes27

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Was there evidence to support there was no retention? If not then the discussion is moot so there isn’t a lot of point of arguing but I just don’t see how a team like Tampa could possibly fit him in without retention
Tampa has next to no valuable assets left, specially if there's retention.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Don’t get cocky. Habs fans were very wrong on the trade value of:

Petry
Domi
Tatar
Drouin
Dvorak
Price
Gallagher
Monahan
What are you even on about?

Habs got a younger and cheaper upgrade on Petry with Matheson
Habs upgraded on Domi with Anderson
Habs never tried to trade Tatar or Dvorak
All of us knew the most Drouin would net is a 5th and even that was unlikely
Price and Gallagher were never tried to be traded when they were healthy
Everyone knew Monahan's value vanished once he got injured for the season

Seems like you're the one horribly wrong here. You could have made an argument for Toffoli but your examples are awful.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

That is what happened. LeBrun put that tweet out just for Hughes, Hughes got asked about it in an interview a couple days later and confirms. All Habs reporters print it as confirmed, boom its "widely reported" through the Habs echo chamber. No other team has reports of interest just Hughes little monkey.

Serevalli and Dreger are just "hearing things/rumours" as they like to say. Know what theyre hearing? The echo chamber that Hughes and LeBrun created. No other teams linked. Now they can all get their clicks off the same BS.

LeBrun is an idiot.

So what you are saying is that Lebrun, Seravalli and Dreger are at the beck and call of Hughes?

Interesting theory.

Anderson is the type of player every GM has a hard on for but is never worth the assets paid for them. You can look at any physically big goalscorer since ever,

Reactions: Dr Quincy

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014

Who said it’s a team like Tampa? Maybe it’s an up and coming team with cap space in need of a veteran top 6 winger with term. Just assuming the only way he has value is with max retention hood no water when it’s widely reported thst there’s been a lot of interest in him.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Who said it’s a team like Tampa? Maybe it’s an up and coming team with cap space in need of a veteran top 6 winger with term. Just assuming the only way he has value is with max retention hood no water when it’s widely reported thst there’s been a lot of interest in him.
I’ve probably asked a half a dozen posters this… and every single one is unable to answer this… so let’s try one more time.

What contending team would Josh Anderson and his full contract make sense on?

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I don’t know why a team that’s not contending would want him. The teams I see as a fit are Flordia, Tampa, Toronto, Boston, Dallas, Colorado, Edmonton, Vegas, Dallas, Carolina, Pittsburgh and maybe the Islanders

Dallas and the islanders are the only teams that might be able to fit him in without retention I guess Calgary and Ottawa would be the teams you’re referring to but he’d be a stupid target for them imo

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I don’t know why a team that’s not contending would want him. The teams I see as a fit are Flordia, Tampa, Toronto, Boston, Dallas, Colorado, Edmonton, Vegas, Dallas, Carolina, Pittsburgh and maybe the Islanders

Dallas and the islanders are the only teams that might be able to fit him in without retention I guess Calgary and Ottawa would be the teams you’re referring to but he’d be a stupid target for them imo

It's unlikely the Avs are a good fit. He could be useful to them. However, he makes too much money and the Avs are already wing heavy.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Habs fans are hilarious up in here

They won't let Dach go for PLD but Anderson has a bunch of value
Let Dach go for PLD? What kind of a stupid backwards running in the mud trade would that be? We are trying to add to our core, Kirby is untouchable right now.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Habs fans are hilarious up in here

They won't let Dach go for PLD but Anderson has a bunch of value
We don't need Dubois tho we are rebuilding, we rather take a shot at him for free , different situation , we have no need to trade Anderson unless somebody overlays. Different situations. If Winnipeg don't get a haul for PLD he walks , hence the lowball offers for him (rightfully so from a Habs fan perspective)

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
We don't need Dubois tho we are rebuilding, we rather take a shot at him for free , different situation , we have no need to trade Anderson unless somebody overlays. Different situations. If Winnipeg don't get a haul for PLD he walks , hence the lowball offers for him (rightfully so from a Habs fan perspective)
Yeah, no rebuilding team would ever trade a player with a career 1.15 even strength p/60 (Dach) for a big, mean centre with 3.72 ES p/60 (Dubois)...

Isn't the whole point of a rebuild to get better?

Another Habs fan proves my point. You'd rather be emotionally attached to a player than make a smart trade that would GUARANTEE your 1/2 centre depth for 8 years. No hopes, no "maybe dach will develop" or "maybe Dubois will sign here for free".

There isn't a Jets fan (or I'm guessing any other fan outside of habs fans) on the planet that would rather have Dach over Dubois. He's at best a consolation prize.

It's mind boggling

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Yeah, no rebuilding team would ever trade a player with a career 1.15 even strength p/60 (Dach) for a big, mean centre with 3.72 ES p/60 (Dubois)...

Isn't the whole point of a rebuild to get better?

Another Habs fan proves my point. You'd rather be emotionally attached to a player than make a smart trade that would GUARANTEE your 1/2 centre depth for 8 years. No hopes, no "maybe dach will develop" or "maybe Dubois will sign here for free".

There isn't a Jets fan (or I'm guessing any other fan outside of habs fans) on the planet that would rather have Dach over Dubois. He's at best a consolation prize.

It's mind boggling
That's fine we are rebuilding for the first time in years (first time in ever?) we really don't care brother you seem alot more mad that we don't want him than us

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Thanks for proving my point
Why would we trade our 22 year old 6'4 215 pound center who just came into his own and showed physical dominance combined with an elite skill set? Signed for 3 more years at a cheap cap hit of 3.36 million.

Give me 1 good reason? Just 1

Never gonna happen. Winnipeg can have our scraps instead, Florida's 1st + Harris. I have no problem with waiting till he's a UFA, and if he goes to a different team then so be it, we'll just sign a different UFA or trade for a different player in the future.

Winnipeg fans just wanna rob us, it's not happening. Blame your management for making bad decisions. We're not fixing them for you. Dach is untouchable sorry not sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad