Player Discussion Josh Anderson - Power Forward 101 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
He had a weeks rest to start the POs and that didnt help him. Stop hoping.
he looked good game 1 and scored, but got banged up early in the series. Saw him go to the dressing room a few times.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Just looked at the stats and if we include the playoffs and his last 19 games of the regular season, Anderson has 5 points in his last 30 games... People are speculating about an injury that happened during the first game against the Leafs, but how about before ? It's fatigue ?

Injury or not, he’d better do something offensively against Vegas. Players who can hit and not produce offensively are a dime dozens around the league, we need more than that from a guy who's paid 5.5M and is apparently a warrior.

I don't think we need Anderson to score every other game, but with his skillset he's a guy you should notice every night.

He has been a factor sporadically so far, but he needs to get more involved.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I don't think we need Anderson to score every other game, but with his skillset he's a guy you should notice every night.

He has been a factor sporadically so far, but he needs to get more involved.
If we can get this guy and KK going...........huge factor.

I am curious to see, if a guy like BG being brought in to speak to the team, will have a positive effect on the crew?
I am hoping for a guy like Anderson to hit his stride here, vs Vegas the way Toffolli did vs the Jets.......hopeful.

Reactions: sandviper

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
He did well with Drouin and Suzuki. I think KK and Anderson would benefit from a skilled playmaking winger. Just putting this out there but maybe Tatar would work on this line?

Reactions: Habz4 and JAVO16

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
He did well with Drouin and Suzuki. I think KK and Anderson would benefit from a skilled playmaking winger. Just putting this out there but maybe Tatar would work on this line?

I like the idea. I'd give Tatar another shot to show he can up his game a notch against his former team. The guy has been our most consistent offensive threat since joining the team, hard to believe he's getting benched right now.

I like KK's game, but he doesn't seem capable of driving his own line consistently yet, as opposed to a guy like Suzuki consistently making things happen for his linemates. Tatar could share the burden of creating plays. Problem is, who gets taken out of the line-up at this point, Byron?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Yes, Byron is more of the same as Anderson. It sucks because two of the forwards sitting deserve to play.

It would suck to sit wither Byron or Andy but its not working.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I like the idea. I'd give Tatar another shot to show he can up his game a notch against his former team. The guy has been our most consistent offensive threat since joining the team, hard to believe he's getting benched right now.

I like KK's game, but he doesn't seem capable of driving his own line consistently yet, as opposed to a guy like Suzuki consistently making things happen for his linemates. Tatar could share the burden of creating plays. Problem is, who gets taken out of the line-up at this point, Byron?
Especially against Vegas. Hard to think he wouldnt be fired up.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
If we can get this guy and KK going...........huge factor.

I am curious to see, if a guy like BG being brought in to speak to the team, will have a positive effect on the crew?
I am hoping for a guy like Anderson to hit his stride here, vs Vegas the way Toffolli did vs the Jets.......hopeful.

I feel as though Anderson is a needed cog regardless of his out put on the score sheet.

He could probably increase his goal scoring if he relied less on his wrist shot which he so often takes from the outside with no traffic or with too much speed while driving the net. If he used his talent for bursting in there, then dished the puck back to the trailers, positioned himself infront of net, he would probably net a few more.

Reactions: BLONG7

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
12 points in 40 career playoff games; I wouldn't bet on him suddenly stepping up now, at his age. He's a regular season warrior, it's really no surprise he's getting scratched. It happened in Vegas too. Shameful and embarrassing for a guy of his age and experience. Hopefully we've seen the last of him.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
12 points in 40 career playoff games; I wouldn't bet on him suddenly stepping up now, at his age. He's a regular season warrior, it's really no surprise he's getting scratched. It happened in Vegas too. Shameful and embarrassing for a guy of his age and experience. Hopefully we've seen the last of him.
Josh has 9 in 32.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He's also bigger, faster, and brings things that Tatar doesn't. He can still be a factor without scoring. Tatar on the other hand, is completely useless unless he's putting up points. Against a team like Vegas, Tatar would be eaten alive, both physically and defensively.
Josh sure can lose his defensive assignments and make it harder for everyone to win games.

Tatar is better defensively and better in corners.

Anderson creates space and hits.

Both are very, very disappointing players when all is considered. Hopefully its just the injury for Josh.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Josh sure can lose his defensive assignments and make it harder for everyone to win games.

Tatar is better defensively and better in corners.

Anderson creates space and hits.

Both are very, very disappointing players when all is considered. Hopefully its just the injury for Josh.
In any case, the coaches obviously see things the way I do because Tatar won't be starting the series against the Knights.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Obviously they would. Hes signed for 5 more years and the other is UFA.
Because they're thinking about contracts in the middle of a deep playoff run. If they thought Tatar could help the team win, he'd be playing.

Last edited:
Reactions: aresknights

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az

Tatar has flamed out of the playoffs with Vegas and Montreal. What magic Genie bottle does he need to gain access to play well?

Byron>Tatar easily.
Everyone>Tatar easily

Reactions: Garbageyuk

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
He's in a slump, scored 27 already and then was on pace for 27 this year. And the guy bodychecks. Ya'll have lost your mind calling him a bad player. You guys have short memories.

Reactions: Supersonic

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Josh not producing is logical. Goals in the playoffs are greasy, it's lucky bounces, covering the goalie or scoring the dirtiest goals in front of the net when guys are pilling up. That's not Anderson. He skates fast, he is strong, hits people but he never score dirty goals. Byron and KK can do that, though. I wish he would take example from them. Just grind it out in front of the net. God knows he has the strenght for it.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
I get people want to see him as the player MTL lacked and he is provided he plays at the top of his game.

But lets call a spade a spade. He has all the tools but has been horrid for awhile now especially bad in the playoffs.

Stop blaming others or injuries, driving the net once a game and throwing a few hits isnt enough. Playing adequate defensively, winning a board battle once in awhile and plunking himself in front of the net would go a long way.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I get people want to see him as the player MTL lacked and he is provided he plays at the top of his game.

But lets call a spade a spade. He has all the tools but has been horrid for awhile now especially bad in the playoffs.

Stop blaming others or injuries, driving the net once a game and throwing a few hits isnt enough. Playing adequate defensively, winning a board battle once in awhile and plunking himself in front of the net would go a long way.
Exactly. Love the guy and hes a massive player, but hes not playing a Josh Anderson game right now.

Also hes always been bad on the cycle and defensively but now it seems worse.

Reactions: Apoplectic Habs Fan

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

The problem with Tuna is he's always been bad in the playoffs he was scratched in Vegas as well.

Lehkonen has 1 less point in half the playoffs games plus he brings more defensively.

Byron has 4 less points but in 15 less games.

Tatar is something like a 0.3 point per game player in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad