Speculation: Josh Anderson is on pace for 10 points, time for a change of scenery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
UVzJjTv.png

x7uxLsq.png

What gets this done?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
He’s not available; but if at some hypothetical future point he does become available, pretty certain Avs would be at the front of the line and would offer a pretty penny. They need a guy like him, the Avs are basically just collecting former Jackets, and I’m pretty certain Bednar had rave things to say about Anderson in the past.

Reactions: betweenthepipes

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
  1. Jeremy Bracco & 2nd
  2. Kasperi Kapanen
  3. Andreas Johnsson
No to all three. #2 and #3 for reasons that have been reiterated many times over, and #1 because Jeremy Bracco has taken on that common maybe-he'll-be-good-someday-we-swear role of "when this player is in the proposal, don't bother listening to the rest".

* * *​
I’d trade Nylander + Ceci for Anderson + Savard + (decent prospect)
No. Even if you take out the "decent prospect" add. We do not want nor will we accept Ceci unless we are getting bribed to take him on, and Nylander for those two does not constitute bribery.

Reactions: qqaz and Steeler23

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
It's not unreasonable to think the Jackets potentially explore trading him at some point. Locking up an arbitration-eligible RFA that they had a tough negotiation with last time around will be expensive. Anderson has the leverage; if the Jackets don't give him what he wants, he can opt for a 1 year deal and hit the open market in 2021.

The problem with this thread is that it's about getting Anderson on the cheap. There is zero incentive for Columbus to do that right now. The Jackets would be better off waiting for him to rebound in a contract year and selling him as a rental than moving him in the midst of this start.

They should be and I think will be patient.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
He’s not available; but if at some hypothetical future point he does become available, pretty certain Avs would be at the front of the line and would offer a pretty penny. They need a guy like him, the Avs are basically just collecting former Jackets, and I’m pretty certain Bednar had rave things to say about Anderson in the past.

Agreed that the Avs would be interested. Hell, if the Avs got him he’d probably end up on the first line because Bednar would love him so much

member 290103

Could probably pry a Sven Baertschi out of Vancouver for him.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Is this a troll post? Caleb Jones is a LD. We are full to bursting with LDs.

* * *​

We're definitely not buying high and selling low at the same time.
Despite being an LD Caleb is playing the right side right now.

Caleb and Seth are quite close and in separate interviews each has said they want to play with the other in the future, in many cases that doesn't come to pass, but getting him could potentially avoid a Scott Niedermayer situation.

For those that don't know Scott was going to sign with the Oilers, but wanted to play with his brother, Kevin Lowe initiated a trade for Rob Niedermayer and it was apparently very close to done, until Brian Burke got wind of why we were trading for Rob and nixxed the deal and basically told Scott he'd have to come to Anaheim if he wanted to play with his brother. (I tried to find the article I read it in, but no such luck, it was a pretty old story)

I definitely think Josh Anderson of last year is worth substantially more than Caleb, but Anderson's career points per game puts him at 36 points per 82 games, which is just slightly more than what I think Caleb would fetch right now. Seems like one of those trades that I think most would conclude the Oilers won it, but a year down the line I could see everyone's opinion taking a complete 180, I know I believe in Caleb more than I did some of our other young d-men who seems to be having a lot of success elsewhere recently.

Reactions: Pointteen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad