Value of: Josh Anderson - Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Hi guys

I am just wondering what Josh Anderson's value is.

He is off to a slow start, is there a reason for it, or is just having troubles with his offense this year?

What do you see him as a 1st line player, 2nd line player, energy guy?

I would appreciate your efforts

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
One of those he wouldn’t be worth the cost of acquiring him as he’s worth more to Columbus than what anyone should reasonably be offering.

Reactions: 780il

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I think he has a mental hurdle to get over after his shoulder injury. Hes unique in the fact he will produce no matter who he is with. I think hes better served on lower lines as even though he opens ice up for linemates he isnt much of a playmaker.
That said hes simply not available for anything in the realm of reasonable

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
I think he has a mental hurdle to get over after his shoulder injury. Hes unique in the fact he will produce no matter who he is with. I think hes better served on lower lines as even though he opens ice up for linemates he isnt much of a playmaker.

Except for whomever he's currently playing with.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
I (and likely the only CBJ fan that) would trade him, but only for a top-six center.

Reactions: thebus88

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
He is in his prime and hasn't hit 30 goals yet. He's off to a slow start and should have an even bigger role this year with Columbus. He's a good top 6 Fwd but let's see if he can elevate his game before we over value his worth.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
The answer is probably that he's not available. If pressed, the answer would be an elite forward.

He's one of the better productive power forwards in the game, and they have no reason to move him. As a fan of a rival team in his division, the value on him is astronomical. His start will have negligible impact on his value.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
He is in his prime and hasn't hit 30 goals yet. He's off to a slow start and should have an even bigger role this year with Columbus. He's a good top 6 Fwd but let's see if he can elevate his game before we over value his worth.

no one is over valuing his worth...it was stated he's not available...as in, he really has no value b/c he's not available...

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
I would love a guy like Anderson on the Hawks. He was so hot in the playoffs, and actually plays like a man. Something the Hawks don't know much about.

Name your price. I need him.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
It's hard to really gauge a price on here that he could be worth, every proposal he's in is quickly met with a firm 'no' from Columbus fans. So more than likely, he's one of those guys that carry more value to his team than to other team's, like a Gallagher or Marchessault, etc. I don't expect he'd be up for trade at any point soon either, I expect he'll be there with Jones, PLD, and Werenski when they're competitive again

Reactions: Viqsi and Fro

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
that is not what was to be inferred from that post/poster...it would take something extraordinary for the CBJ to want to move him, that is what was meant by that person...don't try to start a flamewar where there isn't one...
The suggestion that this trade would ever be reasonable or possible is absurd, and starting a flame war was likely the point of it in the first place.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Anderson and Savard for Marner would make both the Leafs and Jackets better, but Toronto wouldn’t make that deal. That is the kind of deal that it would take to get Anderson out of Columbus. Our biggest need is a forward better than Anderson.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
As a Caps fan I'm consistently impressed with Anderson every time I see him. If a guy like that was actually available, he would probably get a non-lottery first ++.

But players like him are so rare now, CBJ wouldn't make him available.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Columbus sees him as a potential 1st line power forward, that can drive a line with his speed, talent and toughness.

This is not a guy you trade unless the return is waaay too good to pass up..

Hey let me know when that happens.

Reactions: Dumais and Fro

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

very Dr. Cox voice

WRONG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad