Joseph Woll/Ian Scott

teddygmr

Jul 7, 2006
fans need to stop shitting on Korshkov and realize that several guys picked immediately after him are worse prospects: Benson, Peeke, Laberge, Mascherin, Morrison, Bastian and others. Cherry picking midget Debrincat who 7 other teams also passed on and short but successful goalie Carter Hart who 17 other teams passed on before Philly was desperate and yes, in hindight, smart enough to pick him, is easy at this point. When a team picks a big winger who dominated on the Russian World Junior team, they know they are going to have to wait for him to develop! Korshkov is as good as or better than first round picks Logan Brown, Logan Stanley, McLeod, Bellows, Rubstov, Tufte and Frederic in the same Draft. The Draft is NOT an exact science. Frankly, 2016 was NOT a strong Draft overall. Joey Anderson was picked 73rd in that Draft by the Devils and many fans are comfortable with him developing on the Marlies this year. Zach Hyman was picked by Florida in 2010 and finally took until his 3rd season with the Leafs in 2017-18 to actually make an impact!

ARoggy94

Dec 9, 2013
Ottawa
fans need to stop shitting on Korshkov and realize that several guys picked immediately after him are worse prospects: Benson, Peeke, Laberge, Mascherin, Morrison, Bastian and others. Cherry picking midget Debrincat who 7 other teams also passed on and short but successful goalie Carter Hart who 17 other teams passed on before Philly was desperate and yes, in hindight, smart enough to pick him, is easy at this point. When a team picks a big winger who dominated on the Russian World Junior team, they know they are going to have to wait for him to develop! Korshkov is as good as or better than first round picks Logan Brown, Logan Stanley, McLeod, Bellows, Rubstov, Tufte and Frederic in the same Draft. The Draft is NOT an exact science. Frankly, 2016 was NOT a strong Draft overall. Joey Anderson was picked 73rd in that Draft by the Devils and many fans are comfortable with him developing on the Marlies this year. Zach Hyman was picked by Florida in 2010 and finally took until his 3rd season with the Leafs in 2017-18 to actually make an impact!
i agree with the premise that we still have to be patient and hopefully korshkov will turn into something but theres no shame in criticizing a team that desperately needs cheap forward depth for drafting an overager in the second round thats played 1 game in four years

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
The question being, where are these guys going to play this year?

We've got Six guys... Andersen, Campbell, Dell, Hutchinson, Woll, Scott and only the Leafs and the Marlies to play on, with the Growlers shut down for the season. Do we loan out Scott to play somewhere else?

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
I would wager a lot of money that neither Scott or Woll are ever full time starters for am NHL team.

Leafs depth in terms of prospects is terrible at this position. But then centre and D is terrible too.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I would wager a lot of money that neither Scott or Woll are ever full time starters for am NHL team.

Leafs depth in terms of prospects is terrible at this position. But then centre and D is terrible too.

Is there anything in the Leafs organization that you don't think is terrible? I mean, we get it, the CyNick.... Goalies are voodoo, they could end up being great, or nothing at all, and we really have no idea yet.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Goalies are voodoo.

I wouldn't put money on either of them being "the answer." They both hit roadblocks last year. But who knows?

People keep saying this but it's not true, while there are exceptions because there are exceptions to everything generally if a goalie is good you will find out quickl.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Yeah I'm with @Mess on this one. It pisses me off we never want to drop a 2nd round pick and get a quality goalie prospect. It feels like we don't take the position seriously at all. Both Washington and Philly have goalies that you could have traded up for if you gave a crap. What goalie could Bracco have been?

Adin Hill that's not so bad but Korshkov could have been Carter Hart

Reactions: BlueBaron

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Is there anything in the Leafs organization that you don't think is terrible? I mean, we get it, the CyNick.... Goalies are voodoo, they could end up being great, or nothing at all, and we really have no idea yet.

Who do you have pencilled in as a future starter in this group.

Being a realist among this fanbase means you get painted as being negative.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Binner???????????????
like I said there are exceptions to everything but there are more examples of knowing eariler than later.

Hart, Blackwood,Murray Ward, Price, Roy, Brodeur, Luongo, guys thare a good usually establish themselves quick.

I could make a list a mile long

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Who do you have pencilled in as a future starter in this group.

Being a realist among this fanbase means you get painted as being negative.

You don't paint a prospect goalie, as your future starter. That's just foolish, except in very rare circumstances. Particularly after just one year pro.

Reactions: Menzinger

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
like I said there are exceptions to everything but there are more examples of knowing eariler than later.

Hart, Blackwood,Murray Ward, Price, Roy, Brodeur, Luongo, guys thare a good usually establish themselves quick.

I could make a list a mile long

The last Vezina trophy winners, and the age when they first played meaningful NHL minutes

Helleybuck - 22
Vasilevsky - first games 20, meaningful 22
Rinne - 26
Bobrovsky - 22
Holtby - first games 21, meaningful 23
Price - 20
Rask - 22
Lundqvist - 23
Thomas - 31
Miller - 25

Markstrom received Vezina votes last year, didn't really become a full time NHL guy, until age 26.
Merzlikins, was in the NHL first time last year... 25
Ryan Miller received Vezina votes last year, broke into the NHL full time at 25..

Ok sure, some great goalies are young when they break out, and many aren't.

Woll is 22, Scott is 21... Patience.

The probability is always stacked against goalie prospects... maybe they turn into something, maybe they don't. Too early to judge though....

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The last Vezina trophy winners, and the age when they first played meaningful NHL minutes

Helleybuck - 22
Vasilevsky - first games 20, meaningful 22
Rinne - 26
Bobrovsky - 22
Holtby - first games 21, meaningful 23
Price - 20
Rask - 22
Lundqvist - 23
Thomas - 31
Miller - 25

Markstrom received Vezina votes last year, didn't really become a full time NHL guy, until age 26.
Merzlikins, was in the NHL first time last year... 25
Ryan Miller received Vezina votes last year, broke into the NHL full time at 25..

Ok sure, some great goalies are young when they break out, and many aren't.

Woll is 22, Scott is 21... Patience.

The probability is always stacked against goalie prospects... maybe they turn into something, maybe they don't. Too early to judge though....

Hellybuck
Rask
Lundquivst
Bob
Vasi
Holtby

all prove my point even further.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You don't get to cherry pick data points, to make a point... Many goalies are young, many aren't.

But I didn't, I said there are exceptions to the rule, Tim Thomas is one of them but he is an exception he doesn't charge the fact that most guys establish themselves quickly speaking of Quick he's another one, John Gibson too.

It's not my fault that you tried to prove a point with your list, but the vast majority of your list proved my point.

I never said there weren't exceptions, theee are exceptions for everything but they are exceptions for a reason.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
But I didn't, I said there are exceptions to the rule, Tim Thomas is one of them but he is an exception he doesn't charge the fact that most guys establish themselves quickly speaking of Quick he's another one, John Gibson too.

It's not my fault that you tried to prove a point with your list, but the vast majority of your list proved my point.

I never said there weren't exceptions, theee are exceptions for everything but they are exceptions for a reason.

When nearly 5 of ten guys are 23 +, they aren't exceptions... Our guys are 21 and 22.

Half of the top six in Vezina voting last year, were 25 before they broke into the league. Half... that's not exceptions.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
You don't paint a prospect goalie, as your future starter. That's just foolish, except in very rare circumstances. Particularly after just one year pro.

Sure you can, if you are good at protecting talent. Doesn't mean you can't game someone come out of left field obviously. It's also easier to tell quickly guys who don't have it.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005

Not a very good draft year at all. They basically missed on Alex Debrincat, Sam Gerard, and Jesper Bratt (who wasn't on anyone's radar. It would definitely hurt more to be SJr taking Jeremy Roy in 2015. I think it takes 5 or even 6 years for a draft to sort itself out so there might be some 16s with decent careers. Maybe Joey will be one.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00