Jose Theodore or CuJo?

Who was better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
CuJo was way better. Theodore wrongfully robbed Iginla of the Hart in 2002.

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
If the standards for goalies were the same than for forwards, Joseph would be a Hall of Famer.

CuJo was way better. Theodore wrongfully robbed Iginla of the Hart in 2002.

I never understood this assessment.

-The Habs made the playoff with only one player scoring over 45 points and with their captain missing 79 games because of cancer. Theodore posted a gigantic 931SV% and a 2.11 GAA.

-The Flames missed the playoff.

I'm actually surprised the vote was as close as it was.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
If the standards for goalies were the same than for forwards, Joseph would be a Hall of Famer.

-The Habs made the playoff with only one player scoring over 45 points and with their captain missing 79 games because of cancer. Theodore posted a gigantic 931SV% and a 2.11 GAA.

No kidding. Looking back at that Habs roster, it's pretty insane they made it to the playoffs.

Even ignoring the playoffs argument for the Hart, I'd give a clear edge to Théodore over Iginla if we're only looking at stats.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015

iginla led the league in goals and points with over 50 and 90 during the middle of the dead pick era.
theodore had a slightly above average record and the habs were a fringe playoff team. he didn't carry them anywhere far in the regular season. given the context, iginla's season was much more impressive.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
iginla led the league in goals and points with over 50 and 90 during the middle of the dead pick era.
theodore had a slightly above average record and the habs were a fringe playoff team. he didn't carry them anywhere far in the regular season. given the context, iginla's season was much more impressive.
:laugh: you might wanna give yourself some more context buddy. Iginla managed to carry the Flames all the way to finishing out of the playoffs.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'm sorry, but what did Iginla lead his team to? If you're going to knock Theodore for not leading his team (he did... His team sucked), then you need to hold Iginla to the same standard. Both had statistically outstanding years. Both had crappy teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad