Cut/Released: Jose Bautista (Signed by Mets for some reason)

Feb 24, 2017
So what did you think he meant? One of the best in Blue Jays history but the absolute best in MLB playoff history?

Anyways no doubt a top 3 in Jays history, that much is fact but how the hell did he get picked up? And quick?
“Touch em all joe”
Timlin to Carter to win vs Atlanta
Alomar off eck

That’s just top of my head

So yeah, it ain’t top 3

Edit- ed sprague

I’m probably gonna edit this a few more times as Jack Daniels brings back my 92 and 93 memories.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
You're reaching. I'd argue only Alomar and Carters were better. Alomar because that started the dominance.

Last edited:

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
“Touch em all joe”
Timlin to Carter to win vs Atlanta
Alomar off eck

That’s just top of my head

So yeah, it ain’t top 3

Edit- ed sprague

I’m probably gonna edit this a few more times as Jack Daniels brings back my 92 and 93 memories.

Spragues homerun isn’t more memorable. It was more important because it helped lead to a World Series but not a more exciting one. Same with Timlin to Carter. It was a routine bunt. It sealed the World Series victory but as an actual baseball play it was nothing. Bautista home run is pretty easily top 3 in blue jays playoff history if you’re talking about excitement and being iconic. The non-call triple play would be up there as well.

Feb 24, 2017
Spragues homerun isn’t more memorable. It was more important because it helped lead to a World Series but not a more exciting one. Same with Timlin to Carter. It was a routine bunt. It sealed the World Series victory but as an actual baseball play it was nothing. Bautista home run is pretty easily top 3 in blue jays playoff history if you’re talking about excitement and being iconic. The non-call triple play would be up there as well.
We definitely have our own criteria and definitions at work here.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Lmao incredibly small sample size but so far Bats has been awesome in Queens.

New Day. New Hope. #BautistaMets2k18

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad