Waived: Jori Lehtera

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
What's the state of that legal stuff? Has he been charged or anything? How would that affect any league interest in him?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
So obviously the plan isn't for him to stick around in Lehigh Valley or anything, right? Are the Flyers going for a clean break here, as that article suggests? Contract termination?

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
What's the state of that legal stuff? Has he been charged or anything? How would that affect any league interest in him?

So obviously the plan isn't for him to stick around in Lehigh Valley or anything, right? Are the Flyers going for a clean break here, as that article suggests? Contract termination?

He may face jail time, but idk. My guess, besides the fact that he’s not good, is that he is being waived for appearing in court really soon if he already hasn’t in Finland. There are 7 main suspects for the case. There have been 22 persecuted suspects and Lehtera is 1 of them. He isn’t a main suspect. His house in Finland was raided and that’s why he was a suspect. He wasn’t at the property during the time, obviously, but he was there over the summer. That’s why he’s being investigated. I’m pretty sure some of the suspects are members of his family.

The way for his contract to be terminated is if he is criminally charged. The NHL will allow it. They’re are investigating it themselves for the purpose of a contract termination on the backend of the Flyers organization. Fletcher, Scott, and Holmgren will definitely push for a contract termination if his involvement in this case grows worrisome.

Regarding this criminal activity, recent production, and poor play... his career in the NHL is likely done.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
He may face jail time, but idk. My guess, besides the fact that he’s not good, is that he is being waived for appearing in court really soon if he already hasn’t in Finland. There are 7 main suspects for the case. There have been 22 persecuted suspects and Lehtera is 1 of them. He isn’t a main suspect. His house in Finland was raided and that’s why he was a suspect. He wasn’t at the property during the time, obviously, but he was there over the summer. That’s why he’s being investigated. I’m pretty sure some of the suspects are members of his family.

The way for his contract to be terminated is if he is criminally charged. The NHL will allow it. They’re are investigating it themselves for the purpose of a contract termination on the backend of the Flyers organization. Fletcher, Scott, and Holmgren will definitely push for a contract termination if his involvement in this case grows worrisome.

Regarding this criminal activity, recent production, and poor play... his career in the NHL is likely done.
Thanks for the info and assessment! Much appreciated.

Reactions: CapnZin

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Once upon a time he was a late round draft steal in fantasy hockey. What a long, strange ride it's been.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
tumblr_n5mqj4rNlE1ttl0lao1_400.gif

Reactions: Lempo

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I don't know, maybe some team will claim him thinking he'll give them a boost.

Anyway, here is my favorite Lehtera as a Flyer moment:

Poor Jori skating all out while Barzal just glides by him.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Dig up Judge Houston and see if you can convince him that the Blues knew he was a kingpin in an offshore drug cartel before dumping him on the Flyers and see if you can be awarded a couple of roster players of your choosing. :laugh:

Reactions: Dooble08

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Dig up Judge Houston and see if you can convince him that the Blues knew he was a kingpin in an offshore drug cartel before dumping him on the Flyers and see if you can be awarded a couple of roster players of your choosing. :laugh:

We'll off you a settlement and instead of being awarded, we skip court and you let us take just one. Deal?

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
Sex, drugs and ... hockey!

Actually me thinx he is a really fun chap and a rather decent hockeyplayer, too

Mildan

Jan 7, 2019
Unless he has priors which is unlikely or is the actual mastermind behind the drug ring there is no chance he woyld face any jail time in Finnish legal system. If guilty of providing knowingly tools for criminal purposes he will get about 60 days probation and few k of fines

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
I'm trying to think, who would be the ideal team to see a guy with a bloated cap hit who can't play hockey and may or may not be a kingpin and think "Yes, we should claim him, he can really help our team out"?

I dunno, I feel like Melnyk might find him intriguing.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
You all will sadly praise his “courage” when he has his agent write an article for him in the players tribune.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad