Value of: Jordon Staal returning to the Hurricanes

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Since Jordon Went down the Canes are 15-7-1, the second best record in the NHL.

There are so many scenarios to Consider

1. Does he mess up the Team Chemistry?
2, Is he the "missing piece" the Canes would have traded for?
3. Does his return allow the Canes to move Ferland prior to the deadline?
4. If is shows he is good to go in a couple of games is he the one traded at the deadline?

Jordon is a solid player and has a great playoff history, i just worry if he messes up the chemistry the Canes currently have. as they drive to the playoffs.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
I'm asking are the Canes better off keeping him or trading him. Opinions around the league is always nice to have.

Thanks

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I'm asking are the Canes better off keeping him or trading him. Opinions around the league is always nice to have.

Thanks
See what he comes back as... Maybe Canes were just going through a bad stretch.

Either way it's a first world problems to have.

Reactions: mikeyfan

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Jordan Staal does skate like he has a cinder block tied to each of his legs, so I’m not surprised they play better without he and his offensive ineptitude.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Possession monster and minute eater. Even as 4C, you keep him.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Possession monster and minute eater. Even as 4C, you keep him.
I wouldn't mind seeing him on the 4th line as he is great on the PK.

However, I also believe he could be trade bait to give the Canes offensive help now and in the future.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Only Staal trade I could see is Eric back to Carolina. After the Rask trade getting a center would make some sense.

Aho
E. Staal
J. Staal

That’s a good group.

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
Keep him. He's a 6mill cap hit with 4 seasons left on it I think. Only way he brings any kind of a return is retention or giving of prospects. 3/4 line center. Thanks Jimmie! Just got Ruutu off the books, still paying Semin, and saddled with Jordan's salary. Thought he'd implode the Pens with bad contracts but hasn't happened yet...

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Even with his salary, the Canes are barely over the cap floor. He's been a workhorse that has been good for 15-20 goals, 45-50 points while taking on the toughest assignments, night in and night out on some really bad Carolina teams. I hope they ease him back in after recovery from the concussion because it sounded like a bad one.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Even if he only puts up Walmark/Martinook numbers offensively, he's still a massive upgrade at center because of the rest of his game. I'd love to see him come back and get on a line with Svechnikov and Martinook. Svech has developed into a line driver so you don't need Staal to be more than what he is.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Watch a lot because of Aho.

And I have a pretty good grasp on Staal.

What I said isn't false.
He's good for 40-45 5v5 points along with good D.

Yes it is.

He was healthy all of last year and didn't produce any of the things you mentioned.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Kind of a semantics argument. He's a 45-50 player who scores a minimal amount of his points on the power play and is one of the better defensive centers around. Fair enough?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad