Jordan Weal

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If he has a regular slot on a top 3 line, Weal could give you 15-20 goals and 30-35 points at LW. If he plays on the 2nd PP, add another 5 goals and 10 points. More than that would be gravy.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think 25-30 points is a reasonable expectation for Jordan "Striiker" Weal

I like the idea of a 3rd line of Weal - Patrick - Simmonds, although I could see Filppula as LW here as well so he can take some draws for Patrick.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think 25-30 points is a reasonable expectation for Jordan "Striiker" Weal

I like the idea of a 3rd line of Weal - Patrick - Simmonds, although I could see Filppula as LW here as well so he can take some draws for Patrick.

200w.gif

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
There is no reason we cannot expect 30 points from weal in whatever combination of assists/goals gets him there. He showed a real nose for the goal towards the end of last year and was willing to get dirty to score his goals. He's always had talent.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Would like him to play well enough to make Raffl expendable, which would put him around 30 points.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He seems to be more of a goal-scorer, so I doubt there would be that kind of disparity from G to A unless he gets a ton of time and has a bad shooting percentage. He goes to the net and scores goals. Probably going to get to play with Giroux 5v5.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He seems to be more of a goal-scorer, so I doubt there would be that kind of disparity from G to A unless he gets a ton of time and has a bad shooting percentage. He goes to the net and scores goals. Probably going to get to play with Giroux 5v5.

He's like a poor man's Brendan Gallagher, so I wouldn't be surprised with relatively even G/A splits.

Gallagher has 87 goals and 98 assists in his career so far.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
25 goals - 30 assists, 55 points. He's going to fill Schenn's shoes in terms of offensive production. He might not get PP1 power play time, but he'll get quite a bit of even strength time and with his chemistry with Simmonds, he's going to get a lot of rebound/garbage goals and numerous secondary assists. I expect that those two will start the season with Giroux as their center.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
25 goals - 30 assists, 55 points. He's going to fill Schenn's shoes in terms of offensive production. He might not get PP1 power play time, but he'll get quite a bit of even strength time and with his chemistry with Simmonds, he's going to get a lot of rebound/garbage goals and numerous secondary assists. I expect that those two will start the season with Giroux as their center.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh excuse me? :amazed:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I hope that his possession stats weren't a mirage and that he can provide actual play-driving ability to a team that too often lacks it. If he can compliment being a good play-driver (his SSS was great....reason to be skeptical he is actually that good), with his ability to get to the dirty areas (another thing this team needs), and middle 6 scoring.....yippee. If he plays PP2, and he probably could and should, I don't think 15-20 goals and 40 points is crazily optimistic, with his value going beyond the scoring.

One thing we didn't see is his playmaking ability, and he's a good one. I think he has the chance to flash that more when his shooting % drops. He has a lot of talent, compete, and smarts. I'm going to try to not make the mistake of doubting him again.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Man, I really like the idea of calling Weal "Striiker" going forward.

Cause he's a like goal scoring forward in soccer, right?

I can't think of any other reason that would be a perfect nickname for Weal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad