News Article: Jordan Weal on Blocked Call-up to the Kings

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Yeah. Double Andy has been Fraser 2.0, a lot of face washes and not much else...he's barely laid the body on anyone. He's still learning, obviously.

Dwight King is killing me. You either love him or hate him...I'm the latter. I'd love to see an infusion of skill on the bottom lines, Weal please

Oh please. King fills a perfect role on this team and has size and can finish. Remember he has had success with Kopitar and Richards.

cali101

Nov 23, 2014
weal's call was block before. wonder if he'll get a call this time or shore or both.. cap issues now out of the way.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Looks like it's only gonna be Shore. Sucks cuz Weal was doing better during the beginning of the year. Tells you its all about luck and timing.

cali101

Nov 23, 2014
yeah may be room for another call up later. but think kings might just wanna trade weal and have no serious plans for him?? starting to look that way.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
I like that we prefer big strong power forwards but I feel we need a few smallish skilled forwards sprinkled here and there, or else we'd be one dimensional ala the Oilers, but with a whole lineup of power forwards!

And don't say we need the size to win board battles cuz Zuccarello won twice as many puck battles in the corner going against Muzzin and Schultz!

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
I don't think anyone else is gonna be called up. Although O'Neill would've had a serious shot at if he was healthy. I don't think they call both Shore and Weal up at the same time since neither plays wing. It's enough for the kids to be called up. No need to play them in different a position was well. I think we'll see Shore at center and Jeff Carter on his right wing. I think Andreoff will get some time as well.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
I like that we prefer big strong power forwards but I feel we need a few smallish skilled forwards sprinkled here and there, or else we'd be one dimensional ala the Oilers, but with a whole lineup of power forwards!

And don't say we need the size to win board battles cuz Zuccarello won twice as many puck battles in the corner going against Muzzin and Schultz!

I agree. I hope O'Neill gets a chance in LA. He's small, 5'8". But he's fast, smart with puck, and doesn't shy away from the physical stuff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad