Jordan Weal Deserves To Stay With The Philadelphia Flyers

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Two years ago Jordan Weal was fighting for a spot in the NHL. He had played 10 games for the Los Angeles Kings. Fast forward and he’s all but solidified his spot in the league. As a restricted free agent, the Philadelphia Flyers own his rights. There is one decision that will have to be made. And it should end with Weal staying in Philadelphia.

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2017/04/20/jordan-weal-deserves-stay-flyers/

Due to a clause in the CBA, Weal is a UFA -- not enough Games played in the NHL over the course of his Contract -- and can test the Open Market if he desires.

He has stated his desire to stay with the Flyers... but they have to hammer out a fair Contract for both sides... which will be higher than if he was still an UFA.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Two years ago Jordan Weal was fighting for a spot in the NHL. He had played 10 games for the Los Angeles Kings. Fast forward and he’s all but solidified his spot in the league. As a restricted free agent, the Philadelphia Flyers own his rights. There is one decision that will have to be made. And it should end with Weal staying in Philadelphia.

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2017/04/20/jordan-weal-deserves-stay-flyers/

Damn that's embarrassing. If you are ever in need of information but don't want to do the research, at least come on here and ask. The majority of us here would have been able to tell you this.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It wasn't until very recently that people realized he was UFA. Group VI UFA's that are in the NHL are pretty rare.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
I like weal as a bottom 6 forward. I'm sure hexy does too. We can part with other bottom 6 guys, lose in expansion draft, but I would love weal on this team, as we rebuild,improve, hopefully build a championship team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad