News Article: Jordan Samuels-Thomas having dream season with Quinnipiac

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
It's a HF article. I'm surprised it wasn't posted here automatically.

Things however worked out in that regard, and Samuels-Thomas is now a prospect for the Winnipeg Jets.

"To be part of the Jets organization is awesome. I got to go out there this summer and for the first time got to meet the coaching staff, front office guys, and a lot of the other prospects. It was a great experience.

"[Jets fans] are extremely passionate. They've been waiting (over) fifteen years for a team to come back and they felt should have never left, so there is that added emphasis, different than a city that is getting a team for the first time. That's what made rookie camp so much fun. We're having practice, just doing basic stuff and the place is sold out. We get treated really well there…it was awesome.

"I'm not sure if it's a second chance, but it is definitely a second evaluation. With what happened with Atlanta, the whole front office was cleared right? You got a whole new front office in Winnipeg, so now you're kind of getting a [new] look. You're trying to impress a whole new group of people."

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articl...s-thomas-having-dream-season-with-quinnipiac/

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Interesting prospect that I think a lot of people have forgotten about. Big guy with some skill. A definite look at guy for the AHL and go from there. A poor man's Simmonds I wonder

WreckItRask

Mar 5, 2007
Minnesota
Came here wondering if anyone watched him play in the tourney. Something you guys might not know about this kid...he's willing to drop the mitts. His size and skill level makes him an intriguing enough NHL prospect, but he regularly fought when he played in the USHL, and by all accounts he's got no reservations about doing so.

I was super impressed with him, and I knew nothing about him until watching him play.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I wonder if he is gonna spend another year in college or if he is gonna try to go pro.

Caps already have

Left Wing:
Ivan Telegin
Carl Klingberg
Jason Gregoire
Adam Lowry
Jordan Samuels-Thomas?

Centre:
Mark Scheifele?
Lukas Sutter

Right Wing:
Vinny Saponari
Austen Brassard

Could Gregoire's run be done? Would TNSE ask him to stay in school one more year?

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I wonder if he is gonna spend another year in college or if he is gonna try to go pro.

Caps already have

Left Wing:
Ivan Telegin
Carl Klingberg
Jason Gregoire
Adam Lowry
Jordan Samuels-Thomas?

Centre:
Mark Scheifele?
Lukas Sutter

Right Wing:
Vinny Saponari
Austen Brassard

Could Gregoire's run be done? Would TNSE ask him to stay in school one more year?

Last game the ice caps were playing lowry at centre for at least part of the game. Mayhaps they'd utilize him there freeing up a LW spot. Although still looks like a log jam.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Last game the ice caps were playing lowry at centre for at least part of the game. Mayhaps they'd utilize him there freeing up a LW spot. Although still looks like a log jam.

I would like to see him get work at centre. Players that can play centre are instantly more valueable than a like skilled winger IMO. Centres are harder to find and I am a big fan of positional versatility.

Even if it means he spends an extra year in the A, I'd like to see if they can develop him at centre.

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I would like to see him get work at centre. Players that can play centre are instantly more valueable than a like skilled winger IMO. Centres are harder to find and I am a big fan of positional versatility.

Even if it means he spends an extra year in the A, I'd like to see if they can develop him at centre.

No complaints here. He's definitely got the hockey IQ for it. Will be interesting to see how things shape up next season on the rock.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
This kid stood out for me in last summer's dev camp. He is a big strong kid with a good shot. He is tough to knock off the puck on one on one battles. He is definately a kid that could spend a few years on the Rock to improve on his skating and defensive game and could find himself as a Jets fourth liner down the road. St John's will have some good youngsters to watch next year.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg

Agree, truck.

I think teams like the Jets would love to have a big center option - to match up against other big centers like Malkin, Kopitar, Thornton, Getzlaf, Staal (x2), Lecavalier, Benn, etc. Guys like Hanzel, McClement, Stajan, Berglund, and maybe Handzuis have carved out a pretty decent career being a big C.

For Jets, currently Antro fills that role nicely, but he's getting a bit long in the tooth. If Lowry can be a big, physical C that puts up modest points but is very smart and hard to play against, that may be a very important role, imo.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Agree, truck.

I think teams like the Jets would love to have a big center option - to match up against other big centers like Malkin, Kopitar, Thornton, Getzlaf, Staal (x2), Lecavalier, Benn, etc. Guys like Hanzel, McClement, Stajan, Berglund, and maybe Handzuis have carved out a pretty decent career being a big C.

For Jets, currently Antro fills that role nicely, but he's getting a bit long in the tooth. If Lowry can be a big, physical C that puts up modest points but is very smart and hard to play against, that may be a very important role, imo.

X2. If Lowrey could develop his defensive game to the point that he could go up against the top C's on other teams, that would be a huge part of creating a winning team. A 6'5" C that can put up a decent amount of points and be defensively responsible is the wish of every team in the league.

At home it would allow the coach to do so many more things in regards to dictating matchups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad