Confirmed with Link: Jordan Leopold to Minnesota for Justin Falk and a 5th

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Cool. Now we have Clarkson, Dubi, Hartnell, and Falk to take dumb penalties.

Leopold was steady and solid in his games here. He's a good bottom pair guy. Does everything well but not special. You'll like him

Thanks for the information. Hope you guys get the good Falk.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Another guy to help us tank without looking like we are intentionally tanking. I like it.

Can't complain about the 5th rounder, though, because Leopold would not have been back next season anyway.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Justin Falk played his junior hockey here in Spokane, and was a member of the 2008 Memorial Cup champion team.

He's a big kid at 6-5, good reach, and plays moderately physically. If he used his size/strength more, I think he would be more effective. As Lapa mentioned, at best he's a third-ish pairing defenseman ... should serve in a similar role to that of Leopold, a #8-#9 guy on our depth chart, but in contrast to Leopold, is more of a defense first guy.

He's from Snowflake, MB, and some of the fans around here used to compare his play style favorably to his hometown. Hopefully he's developed a bit more of a mean streak since then.

I have to believe he's just a stop-gap for the rest of the season, and unless he steps his game up considerably will be a free agent when the Jackets get some of their guys back.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I don't know if this is already posted here. But apparently Leopold's daughter requested the trade in a letter. They're about to discuss it on MSG.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I don't know if this is already posted here. But apparently Leopold's daughter requested the trade in a letter. They're about to discuss it on MSG.
Go look at the first page.

Also, apparently Jarmo tweeted a pic of the letter and then wrote, "It's not always about business". Said when Leopold was with Columbus, he did what he was told so he decided to do him a favor.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Cool. Now we have Clarkson, Dubi, Hartnell, and Falk to take dumb penalties.

Leopold was steady and solid in his games here. He's a good bottom pair guy. Does everything well but not special. You'll like him

We will need to build an extension onto our penalty box.:laugh:

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Also, apparently Jarmo tweeted a pic of the letter and then wrote, "It's not always about business".

One Dad was sent to daughter (we had a plan to resign him, sure?) ja another Dad was sent from his family to west coast. :(

BrtNfIgCQAA6SoP.jpg

How old Wiz child now?

Sorry, but I dont buy this "sentimental" crap. It s cool and unhuman f... "bisness", but "boomerang always comes back" (i mean human relations, well pay for it next seasons):(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad