wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
He’ll be the next macdonagh . People forget he wasn’t gonna sign with the Habs so gainey wasn’t in a position of strength to say the least . If Harris isn’t signing with the Habs the playing field gets tilted . Keep your fingers crossed that caufield doesn’t follow the same plan .

Caufield once said that he had to take a language in high-school. Most kids took Spanish but he took French in case he manged to get drafted by the Habs. He also wanted to sign last year and Montreal said we'd like you to spend one more year in college.

Habs don't need to be worried about Caufield signing.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Seems tough to move if you're not sure he'll sign.

Edmonton had to take a 6th for Marino because he wasn't going to sign so I can't imagine there's a homerun deal for the Habs here.

Difference is one of them is a PPG D-man who could possibly be in the run for the HB next year. The other one was nothing special in the NCAA

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
I think Harris’ll sign with the Habs.

If Bergevin gets any indication he’s heading for the exits, I’d expect him to make a move.

To be fair, I understand why Harris is staying. He’s going to be named captain of Northeastern. He’s getting his degree. He always wanted to do 4 years. He’ll probably put up huge numbers.

Primeau played with Harris at Northeastern. They were good buddies and Primeau signed here.

It becomes an issue with Harris doesn’t sign and then Struble sees this happening and pulls the same move in a year from now. That’s the worst case scenario.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
What Calgary got for Adam fox when he decided to go to FA. Think it was a fourth?

The Calgary trade to Carolina was Hamilton, Ferland and rights to Fox for RFA Lindholm and Hanifin.

The Carolina trade to the Rangers was for a 2nd 2019 and a conditional 3rd 2020 (which became a 2nd when Fox played 30 games).

Reactions: Static

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
It's funny how that automatically we think players don't want to play for the team that drafted them just because they want to finish their education. Don't get me wrong, it CAN happen, but it also happens very often that the player ends up signing with the team that drafted them. From the interview that Harris gave after he was drafted, it shows that the plan all along was for him to do his four years in the NCAA to get his full education.

As of right now, all indications are that he will sign with the Habs at the end of his senior year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad