Proposal: Jordan Harris (LD) Swap for a RD

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
What team would want to trade their log jam of RD for a LD ?
Cerebral, smart, fast and poised LD who is seen as a sure shot NHLer. (he is around 5'11)

MTL needs a bigger RD to replace in time Weber and they need one young RD in Laval also.

Harris will probably not sign with MTL seeing the log jam of LD and seeing the news that he will try his last year in the NCAA.

This would be a deal MTL would look for:
Harris for Regula or something similar, etc.

Which team needs LD and have a log jam of RD prospect ?

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
You make room for a player like Harris, you don't trade him away..

There are concerns of him wanting to not play for the habs now. He has decided to go back to school and finish his degree. It's purely speculation as neither side has really commented much on it, but concerning all the same.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
He's going UFA...might be able to get a fox type pick for him I guess.

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
You mean Josh Brook? And isn't the need more immediate and on the left side in the top 4? Serious questions.

Gregsky99

Dec 16, 2012
If he’s not gonna sign, then you can get a pick for his rights next year. Similar situation that the oilers and Marino had

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Gotta find the team he wants to play for and get a 6th or something back

Adam fox got 2 2nd while everybody knew he wanted to platform NY and only NY. Harris just approved an article saying he's fully committed to the habs and he's going to be joining the habs camp this summer. How on earth is his price a 6th?

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
The Habs aren't going to move him now, when he has all the leverage. In a year, if he decides not to sign, then you have to consider getting a 6th or whatever you can, but until he clearly says "no, I'm going to be a FA" to the Habs, they have a big advantage: they can sign him earlier and have him burn a year off his ELC faster than anyone else can. One less year on an ELC , one more on a big-money contract, that's quite a bonus for most players. For now, the kid wants a degree, and it's his call to make.

I wish fellow Habs fans didn't reflexively start threads about moving anyone after every newspaper article, or post a rebuild thread after every loss.

Reactions: Hockey Stick

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
You make room for a player like Harris, you don't trade him away..
He’ll be the next macdonagh . People forget he wasn’t gonna sign with the Habs so gainey wasn’t in a position of strength to say the least . If Harris isn’t signing with the Habs the playing field gets tilted . Keep your fingers crossed that caufield doesn’t follow the same plan .

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
There are concerns of him wanting to not play for the habs now. He has decided to go back to school and finish his degree. It's purely speculation as neither side has really commented much on it, but concerning all the same.
Ryan macdonagh 2.0

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Seems tough to move if you're not sure he'll sign.

Edmonton had to take a 6th for Marino because he wasn't going to sign so I can't imagine there's a homerun deal for the Habs here.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
He’ll be the next macdonagh . People forget he wasn’t gonna sign with the Habs so gainey wasn’t in a position of strength to say the least . If Harris isn’t signing with the Habs the playing field gets tilted . Keep your fingers crossed that caufield doesn’t follow the same plan .

OK - I will keep my fingers crossed and this post bookmarked. You're nuts if you think Caufield is going to turn down 2+ million so he can fester in Wisconsin for 2 more years.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
OK - I will keep my fingers crossed and this post bookmarked. You're nuts if you think Caufield is going to turn down 2+ million so he can fester in Wisconsin for 2 more years.
Thanks for making me feel better about caufield. I hope your right on the mark with it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad