Value of: Jordan Binningtons next contract

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The two closest comparable contracts might be Andrew Hammond and Devan Dubnyk. Even if those situations are close, they are so different. Neither of the two had the post season run. In Dubnyk's case, he was a former blue chip goalie prospect, so maybe there was more comfort in going 6 years.

My guess would be 3 years 4.5 million. 4.5 is about the minimum a starter can get paid. 3 years is short enough that if he is a flash in the pan, the Blues can work around it. It's enough cash that if Binnington never gets another NHL contract, he's set for life. At the same point, if Binnington is the real deal, it sets him up to where he'll only be 29 when the contract expires. 29 is young for a goalie.

Reactions: Avaholic29

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The two closest comparable contracts might be Andrew Hammond and Devan Dubnyk. Even if those situations are close, they are so different. Neither of the two had the post season run. In Dubnyk's case, he was a former blue chip goalie prospect, so maybe there was more comfort in going 6 years.

My guess would be 3 years 4.5 million. 4.5 is about the minimum a starter can get paid. 3 years is short enough that if he is a flash in the pan, the Blues can work around it. It's enough cash that if Binnington never gets another NHL contract, he's set for life. At the same point, if Binnington is the real deal, it sets him up to where he'll only be 29 when the contract expires. 29 is young for a goalie.

sorry, I meant 10.5 million

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
If he gets 10 mill the Blues have just f***ed themselves over. Yikes.
I hope for their sake his agent doesn't have a big leg to stand on after playoffs of .911 goaltending and multiple meltdowns.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Probably similar to Murray who also won 2 Stanley cups as a rookie. 4ish x 3 bridge deal.

Yup.. This

Maybe a little more than Murray since contracts seem to go up more and more every year.. But roughly a Murray ish deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad