Jordan Binnington Meltdown vs Sharks

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Wasn't this guy Mr. Stone Cold emotionless when he went on the cup run? He looks like Rask there.

Reactions: leafsfan5

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I know the code prevents goalies from being fair game, but someone should have cracked Binnington right in the beak for that shit. You want to go outside your lane, you get what's out there AFAIC.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
People questioning why anyone is making a big deal out of this like every goalie that gets pulled attacks a few guys on the other team on his way to the showers.

It looked like the first Shark he went after may have chirped him on the way past and set him off. I don’t really have a problem with him snapping after getting chirped by the freaking San Jose Sharks, as long as he keeps that energy next time they play if SJ decides to run him a few times, but to act like this isn’t thread worthy is pretty funny.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Amazing. That was hilarious. The Blues won the game, even more amazing. This looks like a YouTube prank video

There no way he doesn't get suspended.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
I mean, it looked childish, but damn if it wasn't entertaining. I dont have any feelings about Binnington one way or another, he's a seemingly entertaining person tho.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
People questioning why anyone is making a big deal out of this like every goalie that gets pulled attacks a few guys on the other team on his way to the showers.

It looked like the first Shark he went after may have chirped him on the way past and set him off. I don’t really have a problem with him snapping after getting chirped by the freaking San Jose Sharks, as long as he keeps that energy next time they play if SJ decides to run him a few times, but to act like this isn’t thread worthy is pretty funny.

Why stop at calling it an "attack"? How about Karen'ing it up to a "vicious assault"?

Hockey man pushes 2 other hockey men leads off the national news. Maybe in Canada.

D Wakaluk

Dec 8, 2010
stuck in the '90s
Funniest part was Karlsson and Sunqvist laughing in swedish about the incident

This whole "meltdown" was cut from the official highlights to no ones suprise. Can't have any interesting or controversial stuff there. Guidelines even softer than here

Reactions: Slimmy

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Yes, I believe your statement was that it's fine as long as it's equal opportunity shoving. This is the type of enthralling discussion that makes it so threadworthy.

Are you saying that it’s cool to throw a tantrum after you already know you’re out of the game? Like I said, I get it if he had a rough game and someone said something to him as he was leaving, but he has no reason to get upset if they play physical in the crease next time they play since he’s obviously fully capable of handling himself.

Last edited:

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Are you saying that it’s cool to throw a tantrum after you already know you’re out of the game? Like I said, he has no reason to get upset if they play physical in the crease next time they play since he’s obviously fully capable of handling himself.

I think I'm pretty clear in what I'm saying. And that is that shoving in hockey isn't newsworthy.

If someone shoves Binnington, it will STILL not be newsworthy. Not sure if that says more about how interesting this season is or increasingly delicate sensibilities of fans, but it does say more that there is a thread about this than anything really being said inside of it.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
acting like a petulant child, starting shit he doesn't intend to do anything about

totally in character for him

That the part that bothers me, he knows he won't have to fight anyone for his actions... a total bitch move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad