Value of: Joonas Korpisalo to the Oilers

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Here you go again stating your opinion is smarter than writers.
I'll quote Bruce Mccurdy for you on AA regular season time with Oilers.

Either way, it is clear that A.A. will need a strong playoff performance to salvage a poor regular season. An especially disappointing one after the 30-goal campaign he recorded in Detroit just one season prior. Of course if he’d continued at that rate he wouldn’t have been available at the deadline for a couple of second-round picks if at all, and his next extension would be a whole lot more expensive once the two-year, $3.0 million AAV contract he signed in 2018 expires after the playoffs. Instead, said renewal represents something of a conundrum for Ken Holland.

In our customary manner, we show just the player’s stats as an Oiler on the “player card” that accompanies each review. Not much to see here in a positive sense, just 2 points, some pretty dodgy ice time and shot metrics, and a truly horrid average game grade of just 4.1, lowest of any Oiler all season.

But yes Oilers fan know more than the writers.
I haven't stated any opinion to you in my posts. I've simply corrected you when you mentioned the team potentially walking away from the player. I clarified the logic behind why that could happen because you clearly didn't understand it.

This is the first bit of actual substance you've provided in this thread and it shows a player who played in nine regular season games with limited ice time at 5-on-5 and next to no PP.

Explain to me how those nine games provide a more accurate window into what the player offers than the previous 200 of his career?

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Here you go again stating your opinion is smarter than writers.
I'll quote Bruce Mccurdy for you on AA regular season time with Oilers.

Either way, it is clear that A.A. will need a strong playoff performance to salvage a poor regular season. An especially disappointing one after the 30-goal campaign he recorded in Detroit just one season prior. Of course if he’d continued at that rate he wouldn’t have been available at the deadline for a couple of second-round picks if at all, and his next extension would be a whole lot more expensive once the two-year, $3.0 million AAV contract he signed in 2018 expires after the playoffs. Instead, said renewal represents something of a conundrum for Ken Holland.

In our customary manner, we show just the player’s stats as an Oiler on the “player card” that accompanies each review. Not much to see here in a positive sense, just 2 points, some pretty dodgy ice time and shot metrics, and a truly horrid average game grade of just 4.1, lowest of any Oiler all season.

But yes Oilers fan know more than the writers.

Not defending AA or anything, and McCurdy generally provides decent opinions on players, but in the blanket statement "Oilers fans know more than the writers," you may want to consider Terry Jones and Jim Matheson are still recognized as "writers." I have zero hesitation saying yes, the average Oiler fan has a better knowledge of the game than those two. Just saying.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
After the way Korpisalo just played... why would Columbus ever entertain the idea of moving him?

To sell high on an asset when we’re fully stocked at the NHL level and in the pipeline. We desperately need to upgrade our forward group if we’re ever going to compete, and Korpisalo (packaged along with some of our other assets) may help accomplish that.

Reactions: lilfedor

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Wrong question.

Better questions

Which Columbus players would have been so lousy to be -45 in 46 games.
Patrice Bergeron once had the worst +/- in the league 1 season. It's a stupid stat to look at when you are looking at a historically bad team and to try to pin it on 1 person is absurd.

What players with any offensive skills after being traded to a playoff team would be so lifeless to have 2 points in 9 reg season games with oilers.

Or 0 points in 4 playoff games.

He has no trade value. You want to keep and repair all the power to you it could happen. But expecting something in return other than a 5th is a pipe dream.

Well gee, how about Josh Anderson's 4 pts in 26 games? Or his -8 on a playoff team(since you like to use that stat)?

How about Boone Jenner having 2 pts in the 1st 10 games of the season? Or a different stretch where he had 3 pts in 10 games? Or 1 pt in 10 games from 11/27-12/16? Or later on, another stretch where he had 1 pt in 15 games (1/6-2/7)? Or his final stretch of the final 6 regular season games and 10 playoff games where in those 16 games he had 1 pt?

Your ability to judge players is seriously flawed if you think a fast skater who had 30 goals in 18/19 would get less than someone like Mike Weber or Greg Zanon once returned.

Reactions: TFHockey and Igoraj

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Patrice Bergeron once had the worst +/- in the league 1 season. It's a stupid stat to look at when you are looking at a historically bad team and to try to pin it on 1 person is absurd.

Well gee, how about Josh Anderson's 4 pts in 26 games? Or his -8 on a playoff team(since you like to use that stat)?

How about Boone Jenner having 2 pts in the 1st 10 games of the season? Or a different stretch where he had 3 pts in 10 games? Or 1 pt in 10 games from 11/27-12/16? Or later on, another stretch where he had 1 pt in 15 games (1/6-2/7)? Or his final stretch of the final 6 regular season games and 10 playoff games where in those 16 games he had 1 pt?

Your ability to judge players is seriously flawed if you think a fast skater who had 30 goals in 18/19 would get less than someone like Mike Weber or Greg Zanon once returned.
We'll gee I wouldn't want to acquire John Anderson if I thought in arbitration he was going to make 4m million either.

One year out of seventeen Bergeron was minus. But sure ignore the 16 years.

So now lets look at FACTS for AA.

For FOUR OUT OF FIVE YEARS HE IS an under .5 ppg player.

For FOUR OUT OF FIVE YEAR his plus minus is garbage. Congrats on the monster +1 year.

This incredible offensive potential star has a career high of 11 power play points. If he is so good on offense why doesn't he play power play and or isn't good at it?

Why did Larkin only get -21 in 71 games, Mantha -7, but Filppula get -40.? Maybe its because Larkin and Mantha can play Filppula is a stiff and AA really suxed last year. At least Hronek is 22, taking 1st pairing matchups he shouldn't take and you hope he grows. What is AA's excuse. How has he not figured out in 5 years the teammates are your friends and you don't have to overpuck handle and create dumb turnovers. Edmonton trusted TYLER ENNIS on the top line more than AA. Let this sink in as conclusion. A fourth line player on the Buffalo Sabers was more trusted by Edmonton coaches than AA.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012

Leave CBJ players out of this, he's a Flyers fan lol

Reactions: Fro

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I would think AA would be the add not what we’re adding to AA. Would Torts want him playing for him?

AA would be in Torts doghouse before the season even began and by no later than game 5 of the season. AA needs to be on a player friendly coached team, as any defensive minded coaches won't want him. Still boggles my mind that Holland added him to a Dave Tippett coached team, and not even a little surprised he ended up so quickly in the doghouse.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad