Confirmed with Link: Joonas Korpisalo signed to entry level contract

spedico

May 13, 2012
Tampere, Finland
He has a contract with Ilves for the next season, but everyone acts like it's 100% sure he'll go to NA next season. He has played really well so far and I could see him being a great NHL goaltender in few years, he has the size and the technique. Will most likely play in AHL next season, even though nothing is confirmed yet.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
He has a contract with Ilves for the next season, but everyone acts like it's 100% sure he'll go to NA next season. He has played really well so far and I could see him being a great NHL goaltender in few years, he has the size and the technique. Will most likely play in AHL next season, even though nothing is confirmed yet.

Surprising that this is the way it turned out but Dansk is playing his way into the odd man out. Wouldn't be too surprised to see a Forsberg/Korpisalo tandem next year unless Forsberg blows everyone away and earns a back up job with the big club.

I haven't seen him play in quite awhile but is he kind of like Jonas Gustavsson was in Sweden does anyone know? Long athletic goalie and pretty aggressive?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Who would you say he plays like?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad