Kings Article: Jonny Brodzinski Continues To Work His Way Back From Injury

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
After recovering from an injury, it takes a little time for NHL players to return to the lineup and even more time to get their games back to 100 percent, especially for those returning from severe, long-term injuries.

Such is the case for LA Kings right wing prospect Jonny Brodzinski, who missed the first five months of the season after suffering a severe shoulder dislocation in late September.

What happened on the play in which he was injured? When he did he find out that this was not your run-of-the-mill dislocated shoulder? What was the story behind how they tried to pop his shoulder back in (it sounded really painful and somewhat gruesome)? How did he remain focused and on task during rehab? Brodzinski spoke exclusively about all of this—you can only read this story on Frozen Royalty!

Jonny Brodzinski Continues To Work His Way Back From Injury

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Hopefully he recovers soon.

I've never been that high on him as a player, as he's very meh aside from his shot, but I hope for the best for him, whether or not he stays with the Kings.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Seems like a nice kid, but he is a AAAA player. Just can't see how this guy is a regular on a good team. I think his future is probably overseas, and I think he can be a scorer over there, maybe even in the KHL.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I still don't think he has 'it,' but he looked VERY good in the preseason, so I feel terrible for him with that injury timing.

He hasn't really impressed since coming back either, and Fox said as much on the telecast, something like "Brodzinski really has to impress here," if not for the Kings, then for another NHL team to take a flyer on him. I still think he's just an identity-less player, AAAA as Herby says, albeit with some improved speed and hands. Kind of a Scott Parse vibe.

Reactions: King'sPawn

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I still don't think he has 'it,' but he looked VERY good in the preseason, so I feel terrible for him with that injury timing.

He hasn't really impressed since coming back either, and Fox said as much on the telecast, something like "Brodzinski really has to impress here," if not for the Kings, then for another NHL team to take a flyer on him. I still think he's just an identity-less player, AAAA as Herby says, albeit with some improved speed and hands. Kind of a Scott Parse vibe.

the kings sure did love scott parse though. where is bud holloway these days

Reactions: Fat Elvis

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
He kind of reminds me of Brandon Bochenski (if anyone remembers him), they even have similar sounding names and are from the same hometown.

Bochenski was a classic AAAA player. A star in college who could really shoot the puck but just didn't do enough other things well to stay in the NHL.

I'm still not sold on Brodz as an NHL player, but if he is to find a role in the league I think it might be as a shooter playing with 2 very good, star caliber players, similar to the role Guentzel is playing in Pittsburgh. Although Guentzel's game sense is off the charts, reminds me of Luc how the puck just finds his tape in high scoring areas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad