Jonathon Sigalet

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwil

Oct 9, 2004
Sigalet has signed with the Bruins.Where does he go from here?I doubt he will make the NHL this year,but should he play in the AHL,ECHL,or the WHL?That would be a huge pick up for the Winterhawks if he does get sent to the WHL.He would add to a potentially very good defense along with Funk,Mikkelson,Sauer,and Cepek.If he is not ready to play in the AHL this year then I think that playing in the WHL would be better for his development than playing in the ECHL.I think it would help him get used to a longer schedule and give him more time to work on his putting some more weight on and getting stronger.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I think he's definitely a player to keep an eye out for. Because he played for Bowling Green, I think he got a lot less publicity as a prospect then he should have. He's a very capable two way defenseman, great skater and a lot of potential to be a very good point producer from the point.

I think that in the future, with whatever path he takes next year, Bruins fans will end up being very very happy with his selection in the draft.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i'd say that he'll be in providence - his brother will be there too, so it should be a good place for him to get bigger and develop.

allelsefails

Mar 31, 2004
Canton, OH
Very sad to lose our most reliable defensemen on the blueline this past year. Given the chance to play with his brother, who he holds in great respect, I can see why he has opted out and decided to give it a shot.

Overall, I think this will be better for his development as well. I can see him maxing out as a good 2nd pairing two-way player, who can possibly quarterback a powerplay. His biggest thing right now is to put on weight for the next level (perhaps he has been this offseason).

Congrats Bruin fans! These two guys have the positive attitude it takes to play at an elite level of hockey and I sure hope they become integral parts in Providence this coming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad