Proposal: Jonathan toews

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Toews(2.5m retained) for Backlund + Dube/Kylington(C/LD) + 2nd/1st(if Toews scores 50 points with us season +playoffs) + 2nd(if we win the cup within the next two years)

End of deal

Lucic + 1st + 2nd( if the Hawks want these 3 added)

I can make this work i swear

Reactions: Getz2noone

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019
Toews(2.5m retained) for Backlund + Dube/Kylington(C/LD) + 2nd/1st(if Toews scores 50 points with us season +playoffs) + 2nd(if we win the cup within the next two years)

End of deal

Lucic + 1st + 2nd( if the Hawks want these 3 added)

I can make this work i swear
whats backlunds contract like

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
so backlund, kylington and a 1st?

Well there was 2 picks in the deal 1st/2nd based on points and a bonus 2nd if we win the cup, but if you want Kylington over Dube and just a 1st with no conditions, i think i could go with your counter(as long as the retention stays)

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
On principle and loyalty, we cannot trade Lee. We'd probably have to go Nelson + Mayfield + Bode Wilde

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Alzner (cap), 2020 first round pick, Josh Brook and either a 2nd round pick (2020) or a B level prospect of your choice

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I was suprised by how bad he looked in last night's game. He has always been a solid player once you get past the media hype, but now it looks like he is just clueless without kane by his side.

Toews is one of the more puzzling players I have ever watched. A guy with his athleticism, and skill set should have dominated the league

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
tell me, how will we fit a 10.5M salary ? makes no sense for MTL if they don't take Weber or Price back.

With Alzner going the other way? We had 7.4ish million in cap space + Alzner’s 3.4 buried.

At season end you have Weise (2.2m) and Mason buyout (1.4m) additional cap hit.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
With Alzner going the other way? We had 7.4ish million in cap space + Alzner’s 3.4 buried.

At season end you have Weise (2.2m) and Mason buyout (1.4m) additional cap hit.

I agree that it should be ok cap wise, you also have flexibility because players like Lekhonen or Byron should not be too hard to move if need be. However, we have to remind ourselves that except last season, he is rather a 60 point player with a 10.5m caphit, does MTL really want to give up that much of their future ?

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
I was suprised by how bad he looked in last night's game. He has always been a solid player once you get past the media hype, but now it looks like he is just clueless without kane by his side.

Toews is one of the more puzzling players I have ever watched. A guy with his athleticism, and skill set should have dominated the league
worst game iv ever seen him play i think.

Reactions: Jtown

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I agree that it should be ok cap wise, you also have flexibility because players like Lekhonen or Byron should not be too hard to move if need be. However, we have to remind ourselves that except last season, he is rather a 60 point player with a 10.5m caphit, does MTL really want to give up that much of their future ?

Yes. We already have an incredibly deep prospect pool at all position. We are certainly in a position to trade future for help now. We also have the cap space, so why not add one of the very best two way center in the game? His contract is OK and his production is fine too.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
. . . and be locked into protecting him in the expansion draft?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad