Speculation: Jonathan Toews to Winnipeg

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Since Toews is a UFA in two years what are the odds he pulls a Parise and returns to Winnipeg? Anyone here close to the Toews family who might have an inside scoop on what Jonathan is thinking?

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Imagine how ridiculous our team was if we got everyone from Winnipeg and the Manitoba surrounding area

Too bad it will never happen, but theoretically for fun:

Alex Steen - Jon Toews - Mike Richards
Dustin Penner - Travis Zajac - Colin Wilson
Cody McLeod - Darren Helm - Jordin Tootoo
Frazer McLaren - Ryan White - Colton Orr
(Arron Asham, Cody Eakin, Scott Glennie)

Travis Hamonic - Duncan Keith
Ian White - Justin Falk
Cam Barker - Bryce Salvador
(Colby Robak, Dylan McIlrath)

James Reimer
Chet Pickard

Goalies and D are a little weak, but that would be one big mean tough team. haha maybe one day the NHL will change to only using players from your own area. :laugh::nod:

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I give it a -14568842578% chance it happens

theresachance.jpg

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
I used to think there was a 0% chance but in an interview over the summer he said something that made me think there was a 1% chance. I can't remember the exact quote but after gushing about Chicago for 2 minutes he said something to the effect of "but you never know with the business side of this sport". Probably just catering to the local media but I'd never heard him even acknowledge the possibility before that.

A fan base can dream...

Libertyhaze

Jan 10, 2013
Vancouver
I personally think theres a huge chance toews ends up here, I doubt he resigns in chicago without testing the ufa market where I think he would get a huge offer from TN. Just think of the money TN could make off the jerseys alone.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Just like Bobby in the 70's, the Jets swoop in and sign Chicago's star!!!

I'm not sure I'll be able to travel to Chicago anymore with my I Love Winnipeg t-shirt

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Very unlikely Chicago doesn't do everything possible to keep their young captain and face of the franchise who they won a cup with. They can likely offer him more salary than the Jets and in 2 years I think the Blackhawks will still be in a better position to contend than the Jets.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
I'd be interested to hear what those that say there is absolutely no chance of this happening are basing it on.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
What makes the other think he is more then willing to come here?

Not everyone from Winnipeg wants to play in Winnipeg

I know this is the internet where we all argue black and white, but perhaps it is somewhere in between (1) there is 0% chance and (2) he is from Winnipeg so there is 100% chance.

Or we can continue with 0% and 100% and kill this thread in 10 more minutes.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I'd be interested to hear what those that say there is absolutely no chance of this happening are basing it on.

He's the face of the franchise and captain of the best team in the NHL right now. Legit Stanley cup contenders. Chicago will spare no expense to get him signed.

I think he's a blackhawk for life.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I think that Toews would love to play here but Chicago would never give him up.

Plus we would have to give up a lot to get him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad