Jonathan Toews leads the entire league in CF60 5on5

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Jonathan Toews CF60 is 76.94 5on5. His 5on5 production has actually been very good, his not elite overall production has a lot to do with a terrible Chicago PP. The last two seasons the Hawks have struggled as a 5on5 possession team, yet they're actually 3rd in the league in 5on5 corsi this season. Their possession metrics without Crawford is especially impressive. In fact Chicago's PDO isn't very good this season and could be a reason why they are so low in the standings thus far. Did people overestimate Chicago's decline?

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
look at where the teams sits in the standings compared to previous years and answer that question for yourself

They're not doing well, but their PDO is also very low and they're actually a much better metrics team this season than previous seasons. It really could just be a luck factor. I still don't think they're cup contenders anymore, but they aren't as bad as the record suggests in my opinion.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
They're not doing well, but their PDO is also very low and they're actually a much better metrics team this season than previous seasons. It really could just be a luck factor. I still don't think they're cup contenders anymore, but they aren't as bad as the record suggests in my opinion.
wouldn't the pdo even out over time?

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
This is why advanced stats need to be taken with a grain of salt. I really don't care how many pucks you blindly fire wide of the net, into pads, or off of sticks. I guess I'm old school but I'm more concerned with how many pucks go into the back of the net. Crazy, I know.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
They do lead the league in hit posts IIRC, so there is some creedence to them being better than the record but the team has a lot of issues on defense.

TheSituation

Dec 26, 2007
New York City
This is why advanced stats need to be taken with a grain of salt. I really don't care how many pucks you blindly fire wide of the net, into pads, or off of sticks. I guess I'm old school but I'm more concerned with how many pucks go into the back of the net. Crazy, I know.

Advanced stats are supposed to be supplemental, not like the way OP presented.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
He's still a good player.
Not as dominant as he once was.

Used to be you could count on Toews' line dominating the opposition and scoring at a good rate, setting up Kane's line to feed on the matchups while Bolland or later Kruger ate up the rest of the defensive assignments.

Not so much anymore. Toews line still performs well in possession but they're not scoring at a good rate anymore. Seems like Kane scores no matter the matchup. Hawks have no Bolland or Kruger line to handle the rest of the matchup duties anymore. That plus the depleted defense and poor backup goaltending (since Crawford's long term injury) adds up to a bad team this year.

Q simply doesn't have the personnel to play his matchup style of hockey.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Jonathan Toews CF60 is 76.94 5on5. His 5on5 production has actually been very good, his not elite overall production has a lot to do with a terrible Chicago PP. The last two seasons the Hawks have struggled as a 5on5 possession team, yet they're actually 3rd in the league in 5on5 corsi this season. Their possession metrics without Crawford is especially impressive. In fact Chicago's PDO isn't very good this season and could be a reason why they are so low in the standings thus far. Did people overestimate Chicago's decline?
It's hard to bring up Toews without everyone defaulting to top 100 and intangibles comments, but I actually found this interesting. Thanks for pointing that out.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
He has 3 cups, 2 gold medals and a million haters.

He was a 2 way beast for a few years and is a future hall of famer.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Stan Bowman’s mismanagement has led the Blackhawks to where they are today. That’s why they’re not their usual self this year.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Failure to convert on chances is a contributing factor. A corsi that winds up in the back of the net begets no further corsi. A corsi that doesn't, might.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00