Proposal: Jonathan Toews (CHI) and a Forth Round Pick for WPG 1st Round Pick and Michael Eyssimont

DancesWithWookies

Aug 22, 2011
Jets get a proven center with cup winning experience playing for his home team, giving them a stacked center depth to make a good playoff run.

Chicago gets another first round pick for their rebuild and a decent prospect. Toews is at the end of his contract and on a non playoff team so it is good for both him and the Blackhawks.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Jets get a proven center with cup winning experience playing for his home team, giving them a stacked center depth to make a good playoff run.

Chicago gets another first round pick for their rebuild and a decent prospect. Toews is at the end of his contract and on a non playoff team so it is good for both him and the Blackhawks.
10.5 cap hit is the problem. I can see the hawks eating up to 50% to get that first

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida

Two things (just my opinion) and I’m a lifelong Hawk fan.
For a 1st rd pick, if Toews wanted to go there (other places are rumored to have interest) keep the prospect and skip the 4th. And Hawks retain 50%.
You’re getting a decent 2nd, very good 3rd line C. Great at faceoffs and PK who knows how to win.

Also, IIRC Chicago doesn’t have a 4th until 2025.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
i cant see toews getting a first (even with retention), maybe if benning was still a gm or if philly is full on contending

if the price is first or blackhawks keep toews then the blackhawks keep toews. I think toews with retention can get a 2nd and maybe at max a 2nd and a prospect

Reactions: GreenLine

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
They only have $2M in capspace. They could use LTIR space but I don’t know the injuries are lik in thrm returning.

Chicago needs to retain 50%
have another retain another 25%
even then they aren’t getting a 1st in return for Toews.

Toews is a depth bottom 6.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Definite no from Winnipeg ........

1668563814130-gif.608407

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
This Jets fan loves the idea of toews comi g home for a Whiteout playoff run. It would be a great story and there'd be a ton of buzz in the city.

That said, we're kinda set at 1C, 2C and 3C with Shief PLD and Lowry. Also, as much as I love the idea, I'm not going up a 1st for toews.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
What does Toews do well these days? How is his skating? His underlying numbers don't seem very impressive.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Intangibles jokes aside...can he still skate? can he pk? how is he in fos? What skills are driving his offense?
He is a mediocre skater now. He doesn't have his speed of youth. He is decent with FOs and puck retrieval. Scoring he is just OK with. Hence the 3c comment. And I am a Hawks fan.

Reactions: Stickpucker

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Don't think the 2022-23 version of J. Toews is worth a first round pick.

Probably a second if a team really values the "leadership" and "intangibles" he provides.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
He is a mediocre skater now. He doesn't have his speed of youth. He is decent with FOs and puck retrieval. Scoring he is just OK with. Hence the 3c comment. And I am a Hawks fan.

Any insights into why he is a minus player this year? Is he still good on the PK?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad