Jonathan Toews and James Sheppard

Status
Not open for further replies.

stmikes76

Nov 25, 2004
Can anyone give me any information on these guys like stats where they played minor hockey. Also what are Toews plans he is at St.Mary's right now where does he plan to go, why did he not go major junior? Do you guys know what their totals for last years under 17 tournie were and how they finished, thanks alot guys. I think these guys are top 10 for next years draft. Any links and/or information is appreciated.

Last edited:

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
stmikes76 said:
Can anyone give me any information on these guys like stats where they played minor hockey. Also what are Toews plans he is at St.Mary's right now where does he plan to go, why did he not go major junior? Do you guys know what their totals for last years under 17 tournie were and how they finished, thanks alot guys. I think these guys are top 10 for next years draft. Any links are information is appreciated.

I can answer most of your questions about Toews. First off, it's a little known fact around these parts - but his name is pronounces 'Taves'. He played minor hockey for the Winnipeg Warriors AAA program, was drafted first overall in the '03 bantam draft by Tri Cities but chose the NCAA route. He's the first Winnipegger ever chosen 1st overall and he's the first 1st overall choice that didn't play in the WHL. Rumor around here has it that he wanted to go to Tri Cities and was all set to do so but his mother decided the NCAA route would be better for him and I guess ultimately he agreed. He will be playing at UND next year, which is just over two hours away from Winnipeg - about 24 driving hours closer to home than Tri Cities. Last year at the Under 17 challenge Toews led the tournament in scoring and led Team Western to a gold medal. He is projected to be a top 10 pick with the potential of going in the top three. It's looking more and more like he is the best Canadian prospect in his age group.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
stmikes76 said:
Can anyone give me any information on these guys like stats where they played minor hockey. Also what are Toews plans he is at St.Mary's right now where does he plan to go, why did he not go major junior? Do you guys know what their totals for last years under 17 tournie were and how they finished, thanks alot guys. I think these guys are top 10 for next years draft. Any links and/or information is appreciated.

Jonathan Toews had 8g + 4a for 12pts in 6 games at last year's U17 World tournament.

James Sheppard had 6g + 4a for 10pts in 6 games at last year's U17 World tournament.

Mr. Toews and Team West won the gold medal over Team Pacific.

Mr. Sheppard led Team Atlantic to a bronze medal over Team Ontario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce