Kings Video: Jonathan Quick on the Dan Patrick Show

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Dan Patrick is one of the few that can get through a Quick interview. Kudos to Dan.

Quick is an interview black hole. He has personality but you never hear/see it in interviews.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Dan Patrick is one of the few that can get through a Quick interview. Kudos to Dan.

Quick is an interview black hole. He has personality but you never hear/see it in interviews.

DP did a great job, I agree. Man, Quick is a pretty intense guy.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
I would't want to answer any of those questions if I were Quick. Why tell DP if you have an injury, how a player can get you mad, interacting with celebs while on the ice, what makes you comfortable during a game (in regards to shots) and then almost guaranteeing a Cup win. Quick answered everything exactly as I hoped he would. I get that DP is looking for an interesting interview, but try that after the Playoffs are over and not when we are 3 wins away from a second Cup.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Quick is very reserved in interviews but you can tell he's a hoot off-camera.

Still can't get over those scrubby reporters whining about him, old-guard media entitlement is hilarious.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
Dan did a really good job interviewing Quick. I think interviewing Quick is a great test for an interviewer to see how good they really are, a lot of reporters fall pretty flat trying to interview Quick.

Ron*

Dan did a really good job interviewing Quick. I think interviewing Quick is a great test for an interviewer to see how good they really are, a lot of reporters fall pretty flat trying to interview Quick.

He's a great interviewer and asks questions the usual mope reporter is too stupid to think of.

I think Quick appreciates a good question and will answer if he believes the reporter's IQ is creeping towards three digits. Otherwise, he shows disdain and I totally understand him.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
Last 2 years? He was one of the first to pick the kings to win the cup in 2012. :shakehead

He picked the Ducks in 2013 and 2014.

He actually knows very little about hockey so meh.

Pisses me off a bit because after taking the Ducks he keeps referring to us as "my Kings". He knows so little about hockey that he probably doesn't realize what sacrilege that is :laugh:

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
He picked the Ducks in 2013 and 2014.

He actually knows very little about hockey so meh.

Pisses me off a bit because after taking the Ducks he keeps referring to us as "my Kings". He knows so little about hockey that he probably doesn't realize what sacrilege that is :laugh:

He calls a lot of teams "my (team name)". :laugh:

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Dan Patrick is hands down the best interviewer in the sports industry (in my eyes). We're talking national guys, he ***** on Jim Rome and any of those ESPN guys. I listen to his show every morning and re-watch all his interviews on youtube.

He brought out some personality out of Quick, which is very hard to do….. unless he's drunk haha

chesed

Apr 5, 2011
SoCal
He's a great interviewer and asks questions the usual mope reporter is too stupid to think of.

I think Quick appreciates a good question and will answer if he believes the reporter's IQ is creeping towards three digits. Otherwise, he shows disdain and I totally understand him.

This. I don't really listen to Dan Patrick, but from this, he's asking questions in a much more specific manner. Pretty much all of his post game interview questions he gets are fairly open ended, and are basically the same questions he gets asked every friggin' time.

That and he's still in the heat of the moment, as opposed to being relaxed and chillin' on the phone.

The only thing I didn't like is him trying to make Quick promise to bring the Cup by. I wish I had those kind of pressure skills talking to chicks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad