Jonathan "Mr. Zero" Bernier

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
He got off to a pretty terrible start the first few games but has started to settle in. Reimer has been the better goalie so far this season, but there's no clear number one yet and Bernier has bounced back and this is a close battle again for the #1. Hell, remember last year when Reimer outplayed Bernier early on and then Barnier outplayed Reimer later on. There's no clear number one yet and that's a good thing IMO.

Oh, and Mr Zero is officially his new nickname and I will make sure like ****ing hell that it sticks. Thanks Romanuk, you were useful for once :laugh:

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Reimer has been good this season but Bernier has had 4 out of 5 excellent games thus far. As far as the goalie conversation there is none.

arizona beamer*

He got scored on. Why would he get that name? How many shutouts does he have this year?

Mr. Zero acquired his first and only shut out of the season thus far in the Sabres game where he faced a blistering 10 shots.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
As much of a supporter of Bernier's as I am, there are plenty of question marks remaining to properly assess what the team has in Bernier. He has elite potential, but his consistency, mental toughness, durability and probably a few other things are unproven. Let's not start bestowing titles on him quite yet and let him earn them. At the very least until his first playoff run. No Flowers, please.

Not all that big fan of the "Mr. Zero" phrase, either.

P.S.: I cringed when the broad brought up Bernier's shutout streak during one of the intermission interviews.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
As much of a supporter of Bernier's as I am, there are plenty of question marks remaining to properly assess what the team has in Bernier. He has elite potential, but his consistency, mental toughness, durability and probably a few other things are unproven. Let's not start bestowing titles on him quite yet and let him earn them. At the very least until his first playoff run. No Flowers, please.

Not all that big fan of the "Mr. Zero" phrase, either.

P.S.: I cringed when the broad brought up Bernier's shutout streak during one of the intermission interviews.

Tenders should be off limits until post game. Should be a rule.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Reimer is the backup. PERIOD. Has he played a few games 'more than just OK' ? Yea.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Controversy? Its a GOOD thing that both are playing well.

Ideally some other playoff bubble team (preferably in the other conference) gets desperate for a goaltender, and we have enough faith in Bernier to move Reimer for top value. Im looking at you Winnipeg!

Kyle Doobas*

As much of a supporter of Bernier's as I am, there are plenty of question marks remaining to properly assess what the team has in Bernier. He has elite potential, but his consistency, mental toughness, durability and probably a few other things are unproven.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm not sure if I like Mr. Zero.
maybe Mr Freeze instead? he's so cold - like even when he's pissed off you dont really know, he freezes the puck well...

if he has to have anickname

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
I hope Reimer keeps playing good so we can trade him for a decent return

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
There's no goalie controversy. It's ridiculously obvious that Bernier is the #1.

this is coming from a Kings fan (Leafs are my #2 team) so forgive me if its a bit out of place, but why is Reimer so loved by so many fans? is it because he was in net when the Leafs made the playoffs after so many years? is it his goofy smile? i dont understand it

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Shouldn't people hope both Reimer and Bernier play well so that Toronto has a good season? Shouldn't that be the priority?

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00