Jonathan Huberdeau

TheRookie

Dec 30, 2006
Jonathan Huberdeau - Saint John Sea Dogs, QMJHL

It's been great watching this young talent continue to grow currently 9th in QMJHL with 13 goals & 11 assists in 19 games - 17 year old Jonathan Huberdeau recently gave the fans in Val D'Or, Quebec a taste of his skill ...

Here is another versus Victoriaville

He's currently playing on a line with other NHL Prospects Tomas Jurco & Zack Phillips ... Real treat to watch! Hubie also excels off the ice he's very smart, comes from a great family background! Very professional when it comes to his attitude on and off the ice!

Hope to see this young man climb the draft rankings this year! Does need to put him some weight but he's just turned 17 this past June. He's listed at 6' 1" 165lbs but that's up about 15lbs from last season.

BobbyRyan9

Let's Go Bruins!
May 26, 2008
He really caught my attention last year during Saint John's playoff run. There is no denying he has some incredible hands in tight. Most people are pinning him in the middle of the first round right now, being drafted from the QMJHL only second to Sean Couturier. I'm anxious to see him play live later this year.

TheRookie

Dec 30, 2006
Just thought I'd add a profile that was done in Halifax this year by John Moore.

Flamefan1

Jun 12, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
He really caught my attention last year during Saint John's playoff run. There is no denying he has some incredible hands in tight. Most people are pinning him in the middle of the first round right now, being drafted from the QMJHL only second to Sean Couturier. I'm anxious to see him play live later this year.

Maybe the next Alex tanguay

KingJet*

I was going to start a thread about him, reminds me of a poor mans Joe Sakic, but I think hes sick and will have a good NHL career, he'd automatically be my first pick in the draft, him or St. Croix.

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
I was going to start a thread about him, reminds me of a poor mans Joe Sakic, but I think hes sick and will have a good NHL career, he'd automatically be my first pick in the draft, him or St. Croix.

Are you serious? lol St. Croix will be lucky to go in the first round.

torontosports10

Mar 6, 2009
Huberdeau had a 5 point night tonight against Halifax and now sits with 65 points in 40 games. 27 goals, 28 assists and a +/- of 38

As a 17 year old, he is 2nd in league scoring, 10 pts behind 20 year old P.M Devos.

His stock has got to be rising for this years draft, the kid is playing unbelievable.

Hab fans, pray for you chance for another great Quebec born player!!

Ill post the highlights to the game if they are made available.

dream catcher

Apr 12, 2010
He is putting up some fantastic numbers as a 17 yo.

For those that have seen him, how is his skating?

howitzermoose

Apr 10, 2006
He is putting up some fantastic numbers as a 17 yo.

For those that have seen him, how is his skating?

It's decent. He won't wow you with his speed, but he's def. not a bad skater. He's very elusive and shifty, which allows him to make up for lack of foot speed. He could use a bit more explosiveness.

The guy is a treat to watch. He just simply tore up the Mooseheads tonight. Not that that's hard these days, but he's an elite talent. Fantastic passer and finisher.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
The Seadogs are ridiculous. The scary part they could be even better next year. Huberdeau goal tonight was another brillant goal, great deke around Pascal Amyot and what a shot (high glove) to beat his former teammate Frederic Piche. He and Zack Phillips are insane together. thank god Seadogs didnt had Despres and Jurco tonight :laugh:

funny story, upload this Huberdeau goal on january 1st. sweet goal but nothing great and come back on youtube 3 days later and somehow got over 45 000 view in 3 days lol

LuckyLuke87

May 11, 2010
Prague
In my draft rankings Huberdau is ahead of Couturier as clear #1 from QMJHL. I don't see that Couturier hype at all, Huberdeau is way better.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
So Huberdeau, Couturier and Jurco are the three QMJHL players projected to be in the first round? I think Christopher Gibson and Xavier Ouellet with outside chances but more likely to be second rounders.

Can anyone comment on this?

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
So Huberdeau, Couturier and Jurco are the three QMJHL players projected to be in the first round? I think Christopher Gibson and Xavier Ouellet with outside chances but more likely to be second rounders.

I don't see Ouellet going in the 2nd round, he's 1st round talent ... so is Gibson but he's injured, so that will be the deciding point in his case.

Mountainside

Oct 25, 2009

Yep you have Couturier right there for #1, Huberdeau steadily climbing, maybe into the top10 right now.. Jurco hasn't been as good as of late, sliding a little to the end of the first likely.

Ouellet might sneak in, especially if the Montreal Juniors have a long playoff run.. Gibson might depending on goalie needs. I'd keep an eye on Zack Phillips too.. if he keeps it up he might sneak in as well.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Great skills and amazing player its hard to tell who has better hands him or Jurco. I'd argue that they have the some of best hands in the draft. I've heard him compared to Alex Tanguay and I see a bit of that in Huberdeau.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Yep you have Couturier right there for #1, Huberdeau steadily climbing, maybe into the top10 right now.. Jurco hasn't been as good as of late, sliding a little to the end of the first likely.

Ouellet might sneak in, especially if the Montreal Juniors have a long playoff run.. Gibson might depending on goalie needs. I'd keep an eye on Zack Phillips too.. if he keeps it up he might sneak in as well.

Is he a product of playing on a line with Jurco and Huberdeau or is it one of those give and take relationships? I mean Shane Prince has been bumped down the list for OHL players and hes arguabily doing better. He's a bit bigger at 6'0 180lbs but not a huge guy by any means.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Great skills and amazing player its hard to tell who has better hands him or Jurco. I'd argue that they have the some of best hands in the draft. I've heard him compared to Alex Tanguay and I see a bit of that in Huberdeau.

I watched Tanguay all through QMJHL since I livei n Halifax, and I have seen a lot of Huberdeau and though I was a huge Tanguay fan in the QMJHL, his hands are comparable and so is his playmaking, but Huberdeau's shooting, size and strength are beyond Tanguay's.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I watched Tanguay all through QMJHL since I livei n Halifax, and I have seen a lot of Huberdeau and though I was a huge Tanguay fan in the QMJHL, his hands are comparable and so is his playmaking, but Huberdeau's shooting, size and strength are beyond Tanguay's.

Can anyone tell me about his teammate Nathan Beaulieu? Is he putting up points because of his forwards or is he commanding the play to warrant a first round pick?

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Can anyone tell me about his teammate Nathan Beaulieu? Is he putting up points because of his forwards or is he commanding the play to warrant a first round pick?

Beaulieu is defense, he is an offense first type of guy, very strong at becoming the 4th forward on the ice, but he does this a bit too much, he has a lot of work to do in his own zone, he has to learn when to pinch and when not too, he has a lot of skill, good skater, good hands with the puck, excellent playmaking and shooting, but needs to improve his ability to pick and choose when to pinch and has to improve his awareness on the ice.

torontosports10

Mar 6, 2009
While some will say Phillips is a product of Huberdeau (and I agree he might be a bit) but he has the ability to put the puck in the net, thats for sure. Ever since he was rated low on the early prelim rankings he has really turned it up a notch.

To me Beaulieu is going to be a hit or miss prospect. Some times he looks awesome, and others leaves ya shaking your head. It seems whenever Despres is not there he struggles, which is hard to understand. If he keeps his game simple, instead of always trying to be fancy( which he does sometimes and gets caught) then he will be good. Just needs to pick his spots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad