Confirmed with Link: Jonathan Huberdeau extended - 8x10.5M

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Face saving signing. Overpaid to keep him. Pure reactive organization remains purely reactive.

Whatever. Now make the necessary moves to add a legit second line center or continue to waste away in irrelevancy.

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
With the salary cap set to rise, I don't have a problem with the dollar value. Glad to have him locked up. Funny thing is, I expected Weegar to sign and Huberdeau to wait to see how the season went before deciding. Happy with the outcome though

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010

"We are excited to extend Jonathan long term in Calgary," said Flames general manager Brad Treliving. "He is an elite player, one of the premier forwards in the league who makes players around him better. We look forward to welcoming Jonathan to our community and his contributions to our team's success."

"I'm thrilled to be part of the Calgary Flames organization long-term," Huberdeau said. "I'm excited for this new chapter and I am committed to this team. I'll give everything I have, on and off the ice and I can't wait to play in front of the passionate Flames fans."

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
I am ambivalent about this but it is more I am not sure this team is a playoff or a lottery team. Hopefully Treliving does not trade 2023 picks this year

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
He'll be a 2nd line player not long after he turns 30. This is not Crosby or Ovechkin we are talking about,

MDCSL

Jun 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
One of my favorite players in the league, glad to see him here long term. Next offseasons gonna be fun, tons of cap space and a lot of big names potentially becoming available.

Reactions: Boomstick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad