Jonathan Huberdeau expectations met?

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
After years of questions regarding this talented guy, has he finally reached what people believed he could become? He's currently sitting at 9 goals and 23 assists in 32 games yet I don't hear much talk about him. Can he keep the pace up?

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Superb player.

I think a combination of injuries + playing in Florida, have really diverted attention/conversation away from him.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
He clearly is.

You would be a total ignorant person to disagree.

He's been insanely good since he joined the league, his stats prove this.

He's a very good player, but he's not in the same tier as guys like Mcdavid and Crosby. He is a top line winger, and would be a nice asset on any team. He is never going to win the art Ross though.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He clearly is.

You would be a total ignorant person to disagree.

He's been insanely good since he joined the league, his stats prove this.

I'm not sure "insanely good" is appropriate.

Last edited:

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
He's a very good, competent #1 LW in the NHL. In terms of tiers, he is not elite but I'd say he could become a star player. Injuries, a shit team, position changes have all hampered his overall numbers but whenever the guy is on the ice past 2 years he's looked extremely dangerous. Is he a better LW than Taylor Hall? That's a pretty good debate, i'd probably go with Hall just for consistency and 5 on 5 abilities but I could understand people sayin Huby

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
He has everything going for him:

- 3rd overall pick pedigree, playing alongside an excellent center (and 2nd overall pick himself) in Barkov who is almost at a PPG pace also.

- Coach who loves to lean heavily on his top players and pile on the icetime and opportunities. He's expected to provide lots of offense and is given every chance to do it.

- He was a dominant, high production player at the junior level in St. John and more often than not those type of players eventually become dominant at the NHL level also. Some guys are just natural producers at every level.

- His personal and team shooting percentages are in the normal range and thus completely sustainable as the season wears on, so the Panthers will likely score at this pace all year and since the top line and PP1 are leaned on so heavily it stands to reason Huberdeau will continue to be involved in a lot of it.

- His personal scoring pace has steadily risen each season since his rookie year but has mostly been overshadowed by injuries.

Basically he's an extremely talented player who is fortunate enough to play with another extremely talented player (Barkov), has a coach who gives him every possible chance to succeed, and is STILL improving at a noticeable rate.

Injuries are admittedly a concern, not just to Huberdeau but to Barkov as well. But given full healthy seasons there is little reason to think that both players couldn't finish with point-per-game production. Their floors in my opinion are in the 70-75 point range with the possibility of 90 points in a really good injury-free year.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
He's a very good player, but he's not in the same tier as guys like Mcdavid and Crosby. He is a top line winger, and would be a nice asset on any team. He is never going to win the art Ross though.
Jamie Benn outscored Crosby

Jamie Benn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad