Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Invisible Man Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
I'm a big JD supporter but it's hard to defend him with his play lately. I still have this glimmer hope, but might be wishful thinking from my part.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
He isn’t improving. That’s in your head. If anything right now, he’s regressing if we’re to believe he’s in the development curve you think he’s in. To imply a player whose been pointless in 20 out of 22 games is improving is ludicrous. He’s playing the worst hockey of his career right now. He’s 24, not 18. The maturity part of his game should be there by now and it’s not. And even if that is fixable, it’s concerning that he still hasn’t figured that part of his game out.

He's only regressing from the standpoint that now his confidence is shut cause he is afraid to make mistakes. Julien's approach is not working.

Reactions: Da Grinder

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Holy crap, its worse than weee Davey. People laughed at his secondary assists now some are giving Drouin credit for setting up goals with a "third assist."

Soon it will be, well hey he was on the ice and the opponent had to cover him so its almost like he was a distraction thus, he set up the goal

Reactions: Habs178

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Silly comments like these are what makes me rue the decline of this discussion forum.

Drouin played great. He set up two goals in the last game with third assists on great passes on the empty netter and the PP goal. What did Turtle Tatar do? Lady Gagaller? Why not pick on them? Why the irrational hatred for this one guy? You owe it to yourself to examine your contorted perspective.

The great Guy Lafleur has gone on record criticizing the coach for mishandling JD. That's a significant fact because 1-Lafleur knows a lot more about hockey than any of you. 2-Lafleur is on the Habs payroll so he's not saying this for nothing. And 3-Personally went through what JD is going through now before busting out as a superstar. You can't get speed, stickhandling and vision like Drouin very often. He's very good and only getting better. Start picking on players who merit it, not on the gifted, talented guys who are going to bring us forward.

What is the point of calling Gallagher a woman?

Care to explain that insult in detail?

In the old days of the message board being great, which you always harken back to, was there more good old fashioned misogyny?

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Holy crap, its worse than weee Davey. People laughed at his secondary assists now some are giving Drouin credit for setting up goals with a "third assist."

Soon it will be, well hey he was on the ice and the opponent had to cover him so its almost like he was a distraction thus, he set up the goal

Third assist on an empty netter. Has to be satire at this point.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
What is the point of calling Gallagher a woman?

Care to explain that insult in detail?

In the old days of the message board being great, which you always harken back to, was there more good old fashioned misogyny?

I want to make a response to that poster and their posts but there’s so much wrong with them, i wouldn’t know where to start. Not worth the time.

Reactions: Tighthead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad