Proposal: Jonathan Drouin for Anthony Mantha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
In Wings fans head, no
In the 31 Gns head, they are probavly similar.

No, they're not.

This isn't the Drouin that was taken 3OA or the Drouin that was swapped for Sergachev who looked like he might be piecing it together.

Also, Drouin is 6'0" 190. Mantha is 6'5", 230. If guys have similar stats, teams are going to gravitate towards the player who has almost half a foot and 40 pounds extra.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I never said I wanted Mantha.

Fact is, if Wings fans think he's worth a top pick, or a grade A prospect, their out to lunch. Not at his salary and offensive production witu questionnable ethics
On a team that doesn't know know to score goals? Yeah hes getting a 1st minimum. Scoring at a 70+pt pace last year, 60 the year before that.

Reactions: voxel

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
On a team that doesn't know know to score goals? Yeah hes getting a 1st minimum. Scoring at a 70+pt pace last year, 60 the year before that.
I'll wait and see.

It ain't happening. No one is raking a lazy ass winger who warns 6M a year for 3 more years for a 1st, no chance, unless taking a cap dump with said 1st

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
No, they're not.

This isn't the Drouin that was taken 3OA or the Drouin that was swapped for Sergachev who looked like he might be piecing it together.

Also, Drouin is 6'0" 190. Mantha is 6'5", 230. If guys have similar stats, teams are going to gravitate towards the player who has almost half a foot and 40 pounds extra.
Agreed, never said Drouin's value was higher, just thatMantha's value is really not at the level Wings fans hope he is (1st / A grade prospect)

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I'll wait and see.

It ain't happening. No one is raking a lazy ass winger who warns 6M a year for 3 more years for a 1st, no chance, unless taking a cap dump with said 1st

I'm just going to throw this out there. You probably can count the amount of games you actually tried to watch Anthony Mantha on one hand. You are basing this on stat watching and narratives that you read on this site. You obviously have zero clue what you are talking about and keep showing everyone your ass in the process.

A run of the mill first round pick for Mantha would be a steal for whoever gets Mantha. Now if you want to make an argument about a top 10 pick, okay. But a first round pick? Hell no. If the price was ONLY a first round pick, there would be a line out the door ready to buy.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
And again, we in boat parade land thank you in Montreal for Sergechev. He's gotten better and better each month he's played.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Yeah i'd rather have 11 goal Mantha then 2 goal Drouin, Hab fans will tell you that Drouin is a play maker not a goal scorer. Detroit has tons of play makers we need scoring people that can put the puck in the net and that's not Drouin.
as a hab fan, let me say this. "you can say the last part again"

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I'll wait and see.

Hahahahahah

Ive never seen a poster be proven wrong so quickly before.

Not just a 1st... But a 2nd, a 4th liner and a younger player who just scored 52 in 69.

Admit you're wrong?

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
:laugh: :laugh: Too all the Hab fans, Mantha just returned Vrana+Panik+Washington's 2021 1st round pick+Washington's 2022 2nd round pick. Obviously the Caps don't think Mantha's value is low. And i'd take Vrana a million times over more then Drouin he's a stud.
As a Habs fan, I would've given Drouin + 1st(top10 protection) for Mantha. Considering our 1st will more then likely be 15-20 and Washington 25-31 it's pretty close. Panik is a cap dump, that's why there's an added 2nd imo. Would've been confortable with Drouin + Byron + 1st + 2nd as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad