Jonathan Bernier - And right back into the starting role

Status
Not open for further replies.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
I'm really happy with how Bernier to the Marlies has worked out.

It will be very interesting to see how things work out when he's ready to come back.

If Sparks maintains the current pace, and Reimer holds his form... Where does that put Bernier?

Not sure there will be any takers for Reimer on the open market but there will likely be some for Bernier.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011

It will be very interesting to see how things work out when he's ready to come back.

If Sparks maintains the current pace, and Reimer holds his form... Where does that put Bernier?

Not sure there will be any takers for Reimer on the open market but there will likely be some for Bernier.

None of these things really ever happen, Sparks will go back to the marlies and Bernier will put together some respectable games here. If you think that our goal tending is in a position of strength, or to deal right now... thats not the case. Maybe reimer gets dealt near the deadline, but its unlikely that berny is going to be moved imo.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Great to see these shutouts happening.

Makes the decision to go down look all that much better.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Nice to see that from a coach.

And people were trying to say that Bernier had it worse than Carlyle/Reimer...

Good on Babcock for showing support. I imagine Bernier reeling off back to back shut outs along with some good play coming up in the next 2 games, think he should come back to us a lot more confident.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
Nice to see that from a coach.

And people were trying to say that Bernier had it worse than Carlyle/Reimer...

Reimer was the one with the bad attitude throughout out that time... There's been nothing but excuses made from people on here when he got beat out plane and simple same as what happen to Bernier this year he got beat out.

The only thing Carlyle did right was the handling of his goaltending.

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
Reimer was the one with the bad attitude throughout out that time... There's been nothing but excuses made from people on here when he got beat out plane and simple same as what happen to Bernier this year he got beat out.

:shakehead

Congrats to Bernier, finish strong and carry it over back to the NHL. We aren't suppose to be a winning team this year or next but it's hard not to cheer for wins when the team along with goaltending is clicking and rolling.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
babcocks seems like a real players coach. his communication with his players seem great. good on bernier and good on babs. im sure he told him to go play with the kids, kill it and get your mojo back. then come back next week and lets rock and roll.

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm

Sparks needs to head back to Marlies. AHL is the right place for his development right now.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The real test comes during the first period of Bernier's next start as a Leaf. Encouraging signs though.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto

Sparks goes back to the minors, unless if he is on a ridiculous, unrealistic pace (much better than what he's on now), and if he does go on a ridiculous pace, then the leafs will likely send harrington down and roll with 3 goalies

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
Reimer was the one with the bad attitude throughout out that time... There's been nothing but excuses made from people

and there's been nothing but unproven comments from people like you..

got a source for that?

given Reimer's general upbringing and disposition, I can't see him having a bad attitude with much of anything in life.

your comment is absurd.

babcock commented this year that the leaf players are genuinely and personally happy about Reimer's success this year. that doesn't sound like a player that was on the team with a "bad attitude".

even during all the nastiness towards his wife on twitter, he never once took it to the fans.

Last edited:

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Hoping Bernier gets the start vs LAK. Question: Does Bernier return as the backup? Also what happens if he cant transition back to the NHL pace and loses anyway? Does Sparks return?

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Gotta say I am really impressed with how the leafs have handled the goalies. Bernier gets to ride the bus for a bit and reminded what he is working for. Sparks gets some confidence and some fire in his belly to get back to the show. The team results were good as well. The whole thing smacks of good management which as a leafs fan makes me uneasy.

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
Gotta say I am really impressed with how the leafs have handled the goalies. Bernier gets to ride the bus for a bit and reminded what he is working for. Sparks gets some confidence and some fire in his belly to get back to the show. The team results were good as well. The whole thing smacks of good management which as a leafs fan makes me uneasy.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Good god, we've been smacked around like an abused partner as fans, haven't we?

buttman*

Reimer led the Leafs to the playoffs and Bernier was always given the opportunity to become the number 1. Just like coming out of camp this year. Even when Reimer played better Bernie was always back in there. Until it got so bad, and so obvious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad