Value of: Jonas Brodin and Marcus Foligno to VAN

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
These two would be perfect fits in Vancouver. Minnesota would have to take salary back to offset, the most obvious being Sven Baertschi or Troy Stecher as those two have been rumored on the block

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
These two would be perfect fits in Vancouver. Minnesota would have to take salary back to offset, the most obvious being Sven Baertschi or Troy Stecher as those two have been rumored on the block
Multiple credible sources (LeBrun, Friedman and Russo) have said that Guerin's looking for a top-6 center plus for either Brodin or Dumba, and that they're leaning toward keeping Brodin in particular. If Vancouver wanted to talk about something around Horvat I guess that'd do it, but they obviously don't.

Foligno's less clear, but it doesn't seem like the price would be all that low for him either. At least a 2nd, but probably more than that if we're taking cap back as well.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I can assure you we wouldn’t take either Stecher or Baertschi back.

You also don’t have a 1st this year, you just traded Madden, so your top “throw in” pieces are gone.

I really don’t know where to begin building a deal. Horvat is too much, Gaudette isn’t enough.

Reactions: lakai17

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Horvat is too much for Brodin and Foligno? Not to this Wild fan. Baertschi and Stecher are worth less than nothing to MN. A (once again) injured Boeser wouldn't be enough...eh, maybe it would.
I don't see anything besides Horvat that suits the Wild, which probably makes this trade a no go from VAN's POV. Pod is nice, maybe, but not the C that they need.

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Horvat is too much for Brodin and Foligno? Not to this Wild fan. Baertschi and Stecher are worth less than nothing to MN. A (once again) injured Boeser wouldn't be enough.
I don't see anything besides Horvat that suits the Wild, which probably makes this trade a no go from VAN's POV. Pod is nice, maybe, but not the C that they need.

Horvat is legit. I'd absolutely go Brodin+Foligno.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Russo said that the Wild are contemplating making Foligno captain next season.

So he def not gonna get traded if thats the case

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Russo said that the Wild are contemplating making Foligno captain next season.

So he def not gonna get traded if thats the case

I'm pretty sure that this is just Russo saying what he would do.

But if you're right, then this is frustrating.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
I can’t recall the exact quote but it seemed like more than just Russo’s opinion.

I don’t see these teams as good trade partners unless Boeser or Horvat is available but why would Van do that now? Seems more like a draft deal than TDL.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I sure as hell hope that we are not going to hold up a good trade because of Marcus Foligno. He's a good dude, and a tough, effective bottom six player, but c'mon! By the time the Wild are contending again he'll be too old, with the type of game he plays.

Reactions: Sota Popinski

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I like Boeser but ... i mean... how many wings do we need and who do we trade for a Center if the opportunity should arise?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think VAN sees a window of opportunity in a very weak West. If they don't have to trade anyone valuable from their roster then I can see them going for it this year. Brodin is about as good as you can get when it comes to defending McDavid, or pairing with Hughes. Gaudette + Podkolzin... I have seen very little of Gaudette, so i am not fit to judge. I am guessing that VAN considers him valuable depth. For me, I don't want to trade for a depth player, and Pod is not a C.

We would have been thrilled with an offer of Boeser not too long ago, but his injury history is worrisome. He might be the guy that VAN is looking to move, as he can't help them this year, while Brodin and Foligno would be an instant injection of speed, defense, and toughness.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’d do Boeser for Brodin + Foligno. I know we need centers, but we realistically have 1 winglet who can drive play on their own. Kaprizov could come in and do it as well. Our centers don’t need to be nearly as good if they’ve got two 70+ point wingers next to them.
2 years from now:

Kaprizov-Khovanov-Kunin
Donato-Boldy-Fiala
Greenway-Ek-Boeser

as a top 9 gives us 3 lines that are scoring threats.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I’d do Boeser for Brodin + Foligno. I know we need centers, but we realistically have 1 winglet who can drive play on their own. Kaprizov could come in and do it as well. Our centers don’t need to be nearly as good if they’ve got two 70+ point wingers next to them.
2 years from now:

Kaprizov-Khovanov-Kunin
Donato-Boldy-Fiala
Greenway-Ek-Boeser

Adam Beckman is f***ing insulted.

BigTruzz

Jul 19, 2011
Surrey
2 years from now:

Kaprizov-Khovanov-Kunin
Donato-Boldy-Fiala
Greenway-Ek-Boeser

I would do that as a Canucks fan. We can even throw in Stetcher since he's good pals with Brock.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, Boeser would be the guy. ...oh wait, we already have that megastar playing RW, Mats Zuccarello.:banghead:

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I would do that as a Canucks fan. We can even throw in Stetcher since he's good pals with Brock.
I heard him and Hughes are pretty tight too, so he should probably be included for morale issues. Zuccarello and Foligno are inseparable, so we’ll send him back to offset it.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
2 years from now:

Kaprizov-Khovanov-Kunin
Donato-Boldy-Fiala
Greenway-Ek-Boeser

You’d trade Borodin for a 3rd line winger.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad