Friedman: Jon Marchessault could be available

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
We've been starved for offence so we get rid of Marchesseault?? Yeah, that makes sense... :help:

... I mean, what's the return even supposed to be here; a forward swap? Our by far biggest need is the lack of scoring wingers. If we trade Marchy for a better but more expensive option, the new guy would still have to be protected; meanwhile a younger legit forward prospect that wouldn't have to be protected doesn't make sense for the other team, since Marchy's biggest asset (apart from his production) is his cheap contract, which the supposed prospect on ELC would have as well.

What am I missing here?

I guess they want to protect both Petro and Pysyk, but while I like Petro, I think he's replaceable (McCoshen in the system). I'm honestly baffled by this.

BreakingGood

Jun 29, 2014
Hard to judge his value; I feel like his 30 goal season is a one time thing but I could be wrong.

He was somebody the numbers liked to take a big leap if he got more ice time, but he also had a huge shooting percentage at even strength. Idk how many guys are legitimate consistent 30 goal guys these days, but I think if he gets the ice time, he's certainly a 20-25 goal guy. The breakout was legit.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
It'd be a silly move, the guy has some talent, can be used from top line to third line and makes less than a million. I'd rather let him play out the year until the deadline, reevaluate, possibly make a move if we're out of the race but more leaning to re-signing him to a 2-3 year deal.

His goal production will come back to reality depending on what line he's on but we had a bad PP so 25 goals this year is not a huge leap of faith with this guy. We need more shooters like him, Trocheck and Jagr are the only other two who think shoot first for the most part.

Only way I part with him is if it's in a package for a better top 6 winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad