Friedman: Jon Marchessault could be available

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Must have decided to protect 8-1.

Huberdeau, Barkov, Smith, Trocheck, Ekblad, Yandle, and then two of Demers, Pysyk, or Petrovic.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I think his value is not what Cats fans think it is. Yes he did score 30 goals but still I'm not sure what the value is but definitely not 30 goal scorer value.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Must have decided to protect 8-1.

Huberdeau, Barkov, Smith, Trocheck, Ekblad, Yandle, and then two of Demers, Pysyk, or Petrovic.

They have to expose Demers to qualify.

Would be pretty weird to see Marchessault available considering his cap hit+ Floridas need for goal scoring.

But his value will never be as high as it is this summer.

I think his value is not what Cats fans think it is. Yes he did score 30 goals but still I'm not sure what the value is but definitely not 30 goal scorer value.

His cap hit is .750M.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Not a big guy, offense is there.

For some reason I could See Bergevin being interested.

Looking for a top 6 center with offense. On s super cheap contract. Just got to worry because of small sample size, was last year a flash in the pan kind of year?

He was under the Tampa system. Could be a good fit of:

Lehkonen Marchessault Drouin

Small but potentially super effective.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Hard to judge his value; I feel like his 30 goal season is a one time thing but I could be wrong.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
A team not only has to have room to protect him but also offer Florida a return that is better than just allowing Marchessault be the guy Vegas might pick.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not a big guy, offense is there.

For some reason I could See Bergevin being interested.

Looking for a top 6 center with offense. On s super cheap contract. Just got to worry because of small sample size, was last year a flash in the pan kind of year?

He was under the Tampa system. Could be a good fit of:

Lehkonen Marchessault Drouin

Small but potentially super effective.

He was Lw/Rw and not as good as his goals would suggest.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
I'd consider two seconds for him from NJ (a 2nd this year and FLA's 2nd next year).. would that be enough for FLA?

I honestly don't know much about him but we need a RW and looks like he may be a good shot for a 2nd/3rd line tweener.

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Not knowing or hearing about the guy until last season, he was probably the brightest spot on the team. Love his shot, and his passion.

Last edited:

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
I'd consider two seconds for him from NJ (a 2nd this year and FLA's 2nd next year).. would that be enough for FLA?

I honestly don't know much about him but we need a RW and looks like he may be a good shot for a 2nd/3rd line tweener.

That's not a good use of our resources from the Devils.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I like Marchessault and think TB made a mistake not bringing him back last year but from what I heard people in our organization say that they didn't think he was NHL material. Then he goes and scores 30 goals the next year. He's definitely NHL material but that's not the question anymore. It's whether or not he's a 30 goal scorer or not. My wild guess is that he's somewhere in between non NHL player and 30 goal scorer. I don't see him ever reaching 30 goals again but it wouldn't surprise me to see him be a decently productive top 6 player on the right team. Florida gave him the opportunity that TB couldn't. As a TB fan I would like to see him back. A line of Gourde - Point - Marchessault would be fun to watch and a pain to play against. Small yet affective.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Hard working forward who played the wing, not center for most of the year. He shoots every chance he gets and he has a great shot, hard, accurate, with a quick release. He knows how to get into open space to get off a shot and he almost never passes up an opportunity to shoot. He also has a high compete level, some grit to him despite his size. I don't think anyone would be surprised to see his production dip but if he plays a full season, 20-30 goals is completely reasonable given the style of his play.

He was also playing a lot on the third line and on the PP so it wasn't like he was getting layups from Barkov and Huberdeau.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad