Jon Cooper is fantastic!

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Cooper on the scoring concerns:

...and the highlight from the SCF from last year if people don't remember regarding Ben Bishop's "injury":

hyZ2qXy.png

Evergreen

It seems like he was talking about the lack of scoring in the league, not making excuses for his own team.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I like how people don't have an issue with themselves whining about his whining when in my opinion he isn't even actually whining.

MastuhNinks

Apr 30, 2011
The Iron Throne
I do think that people overlook how insanely high the standards are for being an NHL goalie these days. If you stop 90% of the shots you face you suck.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I do think that people overlook how insanely high the standards are for being an NHL goalie these days. If you stop 90% of the shots you face you suck.

It's cause scoring is down. Back in the day 90% was close to elite if not elite.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
All of his press answers are ********, but I don't know why this warrants a thread. I don't think it's his fault that no one is scoring goals on our team.

JS91

May 14, 2014
He's an average coach with an outstanding system. He got out coached in pretty much every series in the playoffs but TyJo & co. saved his ass. His in-game decisions are often really baffling and for some reason he keeps playing plugs and heavily favors underperforming veterans over young guys who are playing really well.

Still, I prefer having an average coach with a great system than the other way around. Good in-game or lineup decisions won't do you much if your system is a mess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad