Jokerit Helsinki 2014/15 Season Talk - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
I don't know. I've got the impression that you guys blame the refs almost every time Jokerit looses. And it was the same story with the accusations agains the refs in 2015 WC final, just with the Finnish national team loosing instead.

The 2015 WHC hasn't even been played yet but the refereeing was certainly biased last spring in Minsk.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Well, Westerlund also complained about the refs after last nights game. I think he went overboard as there was little wrong with reffing in the last game.
He didn't complain the loss on referees but said it's not even as Russians gets more noncalls when you compare the situations to Jokerit penalties. And mentioned also Rita's penalty: CSKA player holds Rita's stick, falls, Jokerit gets penalty: CSKA scores.

Eigenspace

Feb 6, 2015
That's BS. Show us the posts? Of course we complain about individual stuff we see in games and Jokerit GDT is the only one live here anyways so we are almost the only ones making noise.

There's been some odd reffing this season especially in away games where refs have favoured the home team. That's reality. There has been good reffing too. We just heavily express ourselves when we see crap calls/referees and usually people post more negative stuff during the heat of game.

First game was dive fest from CSKA and bad reffing too. Of course we complain as Jokerit got pretty much robbed there. Now where the hell are WE saying that other games were lost because of the referees?

While I might have been exaggerating, the anti-refs attitude is very obvious. If you want proof, just go back and read the threads. You'll find the typical "we have to fight both the team and the refs" attitude very quickly.

BTW, I of course meant the 2014 WC, not 2015. Urbanskog, while it's not easy to say if referees are biased or unlucky or whatever, what annoyed me was that there were lots of claims about bribes and corruption.

Last edited:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
but there were even lots of claims about bribes and corruption which is obviously nonsense.
Is it? KHL/ Medvedev or what ever he is called have mentioned that there have been corruption and they have tried to take it away. Russia is also one of the most corrupted countries in the World.

And like I said people say lots of things during the heat of the game when emotions are flying.

Eigenspace

Feb 6, 2015
Is it? KHL/ Medvedev or what ever he is called have mentioned that there have been corruption and they have tried to take it away. Russia is also one of the most corrupted countries in the World.

Well the referees were from the IIHF, not KHL. At any rate, the western medias say allot of stuff about Russia that is untrue - for example how can you even measure corruption? It's hidden by definition.

And like I said people say lots of things during the heat of the game when emotions are flying.
Fair enough :)

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Well the referees were from the IIHF, not KHL. At any rate, the western medias say allot of stuff about Russia that is untrue - for example how can you even measure corruption? It's hidden by definition.
My bad. You were talking about WC and I KHL. Hard to focus as I'm at work. Multitasking.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
BTW, I of course meant the 2014 WC, not 2015. Urbanskog, while it's not easy to say if referees are biased or unlucky or whatever, what annoyed me was that there were lots of claims about bribes and corruption.

I certainly don't think that the poor refereeing was due to bribing or corruption. However, a vast majority of the over 15k spectators at the arena were Russians and even Putin himself attended the match so it's probable that the atmosphere might have put pressure on them.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
He didn't complain the loss on referees but said it's not even as Russians gets more noncalls when you compare the situations to Jokerit penalties. And mentioned also Rita's penalty: CSKA player holds Rita's stick, falls, Jokerit gets penalty: CSKA scores.
I don't agree. CSKA was the more penalized team before the last 10 minutes when the game was already decided. And there were lots of non-calls on Jokerit errors. The most blatant was when Grigorenko's stick was slashed to two pieces from behind with a two-hander by a Jokerit player while Grigorenko had the puck.

alce*

By whose account?

Even Russian posters here keep mentioning "Putin and his cronies" so even they don't think the corruption has gone anywhere.

Actually this phrase was used by exactly one poster. :laugh:

Whiskey In the Jar

Jan 28, 2013
4-1 and out, no excuses. Overall, the season was a great success, beyond what everybody was expecting before the regular season started. Bunch of unbelievable hockey games, lots of skill and just quality entertainment for hockey fans.

I must say I haven't followed khl playoffs that much before, but now im kinda curious to see who is actually going to win it.

Gonna be back in summer with jokerit when the next season becomes more relevant. Btw, players gonna have one hell of a holiday break, as for example nhl will be still going strong in June :laugh:

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Great season for Jokerit that exceeded all expectations from results on the ice to fan interest. Jokerit was the biggest hockey story in Finland in the season of 2014-2015. I think Jokerit will stay as one of the top teams in the league as long as Rotenberg is behind them ;)

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
It will be interesting to see the attendance and budget for next season! Hopefully it will be even better :handclap:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
4-1 and out, no excuses. Overall, the season was a great success, beyond what everybody was expecting before the regular season started. Bunch of unbelievable hockey games, lots of skill and just quality entertainment for hockey fans.

I must say I haven't followed khl playoffs that much before, but now im kinda curious to see who is actually going to win it.

Gonna be back in summer with jokerit when the next season becomes more relevant. Btw, players gonna have one hell of a holiday break, as for example nhl will be still going strong in June :laugh:

Except for those playing national team games. If they make the WC team, they might have only 5-6 weeks of vacation.

Last edited:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010

I hope some players are wise and use it to have really good physical fit. That can help some forward with their careers. They could have hell of a summers.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Congrats on the premier KHL season, glad it worked out well for the most parts, expected longer series vs CSKA but that's water under the bridge now. Hope Jokerit stays in KHL for seasons to come.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Congrats on the premier KHL season, glad it worked out well for the most parts, expected longer series vs CSKA but that's water under the bridge now. Hope Jokerit stays in KHL for seasons to come.

Thanks! Games against CSKA were tough battles, nothing to be shamed of, league is so tough that you need to be perfect to win the cup. If we just had Niko Kapanen healthy for CSKA series, it could've helped alot.. Losing center like him hurts.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
They are hilarious only in "Iltapaska" forums with their large herd of idiots. Jatkoaika is very reasonable.

Well, I spotted the following on the Blues board:

Noniin. Kun oligarkkien kidnappaama itänaapuri lopetti kautensa perinteisesti maaliskuun puolivälissä niin hallille löytää se 200 ihmistä enemmän.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad