Jokerit 2021/2022 - Playoffs sucess incoming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Damned if they do, damned if they don't. The way things are trending it'll be impossible for them to continue in the KHL, and if they step out the situation becomes a financial disaster.

Reactions: Jussi and Exarz

member 305909

Kurri won't have the balls that it takes to pull out but hopefully the whole KHL will collapse in the not so distant future. The oligarchs are going to have more urgent concerns than financing hockey-clubs.

Reactions: mattihp and Tmu84

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Kurri won't have the balls that it takes to pull out but hopefully the whole KHL will collapse in the not so distant future. The oligarchs are going to have more urgent concerns than financing hockey-clubs.
I mean what about all the people involved with the league that is their day job that pays their wage and feeds their families? Plus all the players?

Sure Jokerit and maybe Rīga might leave but wanting all the innocent people to suffer because we are upset at the actions of a government?

I do see your point regarding the funding though. Most of the big KHL guys were sanctioned by the UK government but I think their money will be safe in the Caymans or somewhere like this.

Reactions: Tmu84

chauron

Jan 5, 2014
I mean what about all the people involved with the league that is their day job that pays their wage and feeds their families? Plus all the players?

Sure Jokerit and maybe Rīga might leave but wanting all the innocent people to suffer because we are upset at the actions of a government?

I do see your point regarding the funding though. Most of the big KHL guys were sanctioned by the UK government but I think their money will be safe in the Caymans or somewhere like this.
A lot of innocents are murdered right now, plus the teams can go back their own leagues or Riga to EBEL if needed. Supporting the KHL means supporting that bloodshed.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Because of travel costs Riga might struggle to find a new home at a desirable level, in that sense Jokerit has it a little bit easier.

Reactions: mattihp

MoeTheHobo

Jan 24, 2017
Guess who's laughing now?

1121362.jpg

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
Mods, shut this sub forum down. All the russian posters seem to have vanished into thin air anyways.

Reactions: Jussi

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Mods, shut this sub forum down.

Absolutely. The international project is dead. Russia's domestic league can be discussed in the existing Russia subforum, just like other domestic leagues. All the threads from here can be transferred there (some of them started by me years ago, but that's dead & buried now).

Reactions: chauron and Jussi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad