Joker Andersson

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
He's an effective 4th-line player. Not sure what people's expectations are of him. Jurco is already in the lineup and Weiss is Cleary-esque right now.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He's in the lineup because the 4th line is playing well, and he's doing his part.

Jurco is better which is why he's playing on a higher line.

Weiss isn't a 4th liner, so swapping him for Joker makes no sense. Weiss is competing with the guys in the top 9 for a spot:

Actual Thought*

Did anyone see those quotes from Joker about having a virus last year? Kinda explains why he lost his spot in the line up after having played so well the previous year.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I have always been pretty critical of Joakim Andersson in terms of NHL skill set. However the guy is a tireless worker, his game has come a long way. I think through the opening week he has earned his spot. He might be redundant in couple years again, but for now he is making an impact on the fourth line, I have no problem with him playing in that role.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
He's a very solid 4th line center and he plays a ton on the PK. He's getting good scoring chances and was on pace to put up 10 goals over a full season last year. As far as problems with this lineup he's pretty far down the list IMO. With Ferraro and Callahan struggling to fulfill their potential I think Joker and Glendening are going to be fixtures on the 4th line. To date they've been very solid.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
haven't seen Boston game but he was pretty good against Ducks. knew what he had to do and did pretty decently. If he ever learns how to play with bit of a mean streak, he could actually be a pretty valuable player IMO.

As for Weiss, I am not if Weiss is cut out for that role. Putting Weiss instead of him would not have been a smart decision in my opinion.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
He's an effective 4th-line player. Not sure what people's expectations are of him. Jurco is already in the lineup and Weiss is Cleary-esque right now.

Miller, Glendening, Helm, Abdelkader are also effective 4th liners. I'm fine with Joker being in the lineup sometimes, (13th forward.) I still want to see what a healthy Weiss is capable of.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Our 4th line all over has been incredibly effective and swapping any of them out at this point would be pointless and fruitless. They are given a decent chunk of TOI, they PK, draw penalties, and get some damn good scoring chances.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Miller, Glendening, Helm, Abdelkader are also effective 4th liners. I'm fine with Joker being in the lineup sometimes, (13th forward.) I still want to see what a healthy Weiss is capable of.

this

just going "Weiss is competing with top 9 guys for spots" makes no sense when we got guys like Abdelkader and Helm in our top 9 that could easily be pushed down the lineup instead of being taken out entirely

YostisHome

Wet Bandits
May 7, 2010
Never been a big fan of him but I appreciate his effort and seems to have at least knocked some of the concrete off his skates over the offseason...

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
4th line has been great every game so far and our PK has yet to allow a goal. Andy is doing a pretty fantastic job in his role. Considering Abby has looked really good in the top 9 as well I'm surprised at how many want to change things.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
this

just going "Weiss is competing with top 9 guys for spots" makes no sense when we got guys like Abdelkader and Helm in our top 9 that could easily be pushed down the lineup instead of being taken out entirely

In which case he still is competing with the guy who formerly held that top 9 spot, in order for that guy to get pushed down the depth chart.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
this

The Helm line is not doing much right now. I know he has Weiss there and Weiss hasn't played much hockey over the past two years so it's tough to know what to expect from Weiss. #90 hasn't done anything yet however that's not much of a shock.

Z's line is carrying us, the kid line is showing signs of being very dangerous, and the 4th line is great at filling their role. Weiss was given prime power play ice time last night and he's done nothing. If he doesn't pick it up fairly quickly he could end up back in the press box. I can't see Weiss being a regular in the lineup until he shows he can center a scoring line or contribute on the power play.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
we have a 4th line with no physical play. i dont like that.
Maybe they would be more physical if they had the puck less. I mean, most of the time they've been controlling the puck in the offensive zone.
I don't think the Wings have been lacking physical play regardless.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
What are you talking about? Andersson has been solid and has been making nice plays that help give the 4th line more puck possession. Jurco should be sent down when Datsyuk or Franzen return, he's been underwhelming.

I don't understand why Jurco gets so overrated on here. I'm guessing because of his YouTube sensation video like 4 years ago.

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
What are you talking about? Andersson has been solid and has been making nice plays that help give the 4th line more puck possession. Jurco should be sent down when Datsyuk or Franzen return, he's been underwhelming.

I don't understand why Jurco gets so overrated on here. I'm guessing because of his YouTube sensation video like 4 years ago.

I'll agree Jurco has underwhelmed, but I won't go as far as to disparage him for stickhandling videos he made when he was a teenager.

He's young and has tons of potential, even if it's not going super smoothly at the moment

iDangleDangle

We Like Our Team
Jan 2, 2014
A bar

Potential, generally speaking and in the sense that when he hits his mark he has the ability to be a game changer from the lower lines. He has already proven that he is a great asset in the 3rd line and can contribute.

The way I see it, he doesn't - at the moment - utilize his skillset in the best manner possible because he is trying to play it safe due to "fear" of being sent down. A few good goals for him and I think we start to see the Jurco from last season.

As for Joker, he is ok. Dull, and replaceable in every sense. He has done ok job so far, but he is not a guy that Wings should hold on to IMO. But he and Jurco aren't in a direct competition anyway, I think it goes down to Nesty and Jurco. I'd keep Jurco up over Nestrasil, but since he isn't waiver eligible we'll sadly see Jurco heading back to Grand Rapids instead. Nestrasil has been pretty good, but I don't see him being a big asset to this team as a regular. Jurco could very well be, he was last season.

I'd really like Nestrasil as the extra forward, but we all know Holland won't waive Cleary in order to open that one spot so he could keep both Jurco and Nesty up.

You seem to be against Smith on the PP and Jurco in the roster. Don't like skill players? :D

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

He's only 21 years old and played well for us last year. He has a lot of talent and tools, so it's easy to see why people are excited about him.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
He's only 21 years old and played well for us last year. He has a lot of talent and tools, so it's easy to see why people are excited about him.

I hated the You Tube videos but became a fan when he was on pace last year to put up 18 goals. Get Pavs on the Helm line with Abby and let the kid line become our third line and they will start to tear **** up.

At this point I want to fix our one line that doesn't drive possession and shots on goal. That's clearly the Helm line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad