Johnson vs Gudbranson

Who finishes the season with more points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Jack "Tommy Gun" Johnson
Jack "Tommy Gun" Johnson stands 6'1" and weighs 227 pounds. He enters this fight knowing the Penguins system, though some say he has yet to adapt to it. He's got 1 goal, 11 assists with a -5 plus minus on the year. He was benched last year due to reasons known only to Penguins General Manager Jim "Mickey" Rutherford. His passing skills are putrid, skating is less than sub par, shot is lucky to be in the right direction - but plays with heart.

Erik "Siberian Express" Gudbranson
Erik "Siberian Express" Gudbranson stands 6'5" and weighs 217 pounds. He enters the fight as the Penguins newcomer, but Mickey assures Pens fans that he's the real deal. He's got 2 goals and 6 assists with a -27 on the year. He once beat Tom Wilson in a fight. His skills are a relative unknown, but according to everyone with eyes - he's absolutely abysmal.

Who will it be folks?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Hmmm. Usually you go with the devil you know. But I feel like Gudbranson being a righty will give him a slight edge and he'll pull ahead of JJ in points by the end of the year.

My rationale is that he'll be shoehorned in behind the second line constantly (because of course... it's no fun if we aren't torturing the shit out of Malkin) and Malkin seems to be a big fan of defensemen with a right handed shot. I admit that Gudbranson will probably have to push the puck inexpertly towards the net a few thousand times before even one goes in or pinballs around enough to hit the twine. But I figure the sheer insane volume of time he'll be playing behind Malkin will make up for that.

JJ might keep up his lead if he really goes for the gusto and starts trying to tackle the puck into the net. Should be a really interesting bum fight to watch the rest of the year.

Reactions: KIRK and Casanova

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
If you could get rid of Rutherford, Johnson or Gudbranson who do you pick??

#byeJR

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
tumblr_p0aw0hGdIO1s9xw57o2_250.gif

ObeseEqualAfricanpiedkingfisher-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: molon labe

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I'm going to go with the minority here and say the Siberian Express comes in and edges out Johnson in points: Guds with 17 and Johnson with 16. He actually gets shots on net in gametape and Johnson is lucky to get his shot within 3 ft of the outside posts. Of course, Johnson can always benefit (and has) from assists... so there's that. +1 for Guds though.

Reactions: UnrealMachine

turd

Feb 1, 2013
I’d put them on a pairing with each other, play them for 12-15 minutes a night, and pray.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling... makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I’m to choose between one evil and another I’d rather not choose at all.

Voted Gudbranson because he hasn’t been around to annoy me as much.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I guess this is the new Gudzilla thread? Another solid game from Godbranson.

The scouting reports were way off. He really looks more like Letang out there, only smarter.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I guess this is the new Gudzilla thread? Another solid game from Godbranson.

The scouting reports were way off. He really looks more like Letang out there, only smarter.
I mean, technically it is the 'who gets more points' thread.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Jack Johnson. Even with how much he's fallen he still has more skill than Badbranson.

Every time i see Gudbranson's name i keep thinking about why he went 4th overall over Fowler in 2010. Nearly 10 years ago Dmen with strong physical play & Size were more heavily valued than how it is now. For where he was drafted i consider him a bust, at best he's the 2nd best guy of a 3rd pairing.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Jack Johnson. Even with how much he's fallen he still has more skill than Badbranson.

Every time i see Gudbranson's name i keep thinking about why he went 4th overall over Fowler in 2010. Nearly 10 years ago Dmen with strong physical play & Size were more heavily valued than how it is now. For where he was drafted i consider him a bust, at best he's the 2nd best guy of a 3rd pairing.

How dare you.
What about Hedman. If you replace Heds with Guds... would you swap their numbers?
Players on trash teams are not always trash.
Buh buh buh buh byyyye now.

Reactions: LittleSpoon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad