Injury Report: Johnson Out 6-8 weeks (broken Fibula)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Dear god no.

I did not wake up in time for the game.

What happened?

Best wishes go out to EJ. Hope he gets well soon.

And that is probably that for this season. :(

Time to play the kids..

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Lovely! This team sucks, anyways. Trade Duchene for a dman. This core isn't getting it done. Something needs to happen. We have Jost coming in a year or two, and most likely Patrick.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Reminds me of when Stastny got hurt blocking a shot back in 08-09, was the final nail in the season's coffin.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Jesus. Well, time to throw in the towel. Might as well pick 1st overall

Arizona are REALLY bad. We'd need to sell off another couple players like Bourque imo lol. We lost 5 in a row and they're still only a point ahead even with a hot goaltender.

An extra thing about EJ getting hurt is that it gives the team's office an excuse. That's not an excuse for finishing in the bottom 3 imo.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
There is only a 17.9% of winning first overall if you finish dead last. Let's not count on Patrick, or anyone else. And they can slide down three spots.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Patrick, Liljegren, Vilardi, Tolvanen.

One of those 4 will likely be an Av on July 1st.

The Avs could finish last and easily finish out of the top three selections based on the newer lottery odds. If that happens, I believe the Avs would pick 5th due to LV getting the 4th pick.

Not trying to depress everyone.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
The Avs have had a remarkable talent of getting back to mediocrity when they really shouldn't over the last few years.

So I would not count on us picking top5 just yet.

This draft is not all that good at the top but there are some decent prospects available.

Mittelstadt, Patrick, Vilardi, Hischier and of course Liljegren should go top5 and either one would be nice.

I worry about Foote to be honest. He is a fine prospect and finally a D but I am not sure that him getting drafted by this Colorado Avalanche team will do him any good.
We will see I guess...

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The Avs could finish last and easily finish out of the top three selections based on the newer lottery odds. If that happens, I believe the Avs would pick 5th due to LV getting the 4th pick.

Nah, LV just gets the third overall lottery odds. Need to finish in dead last or second last if you want the best odds, because if they finish 3 or later, they get bumped back one slot in terms of lottery odds.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

What are the odds of that happening though? Anyone know? If we finish dead last, what is the chance of us dropping out of top-4?

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
The Avs have had a remarkable talent of getting back to mediocrity when they really shouldn't over the last few years.

So I would not count on us picking top5 just yet.

This draft is not all that good at the top but there are some decent prospects available.

Mittelstadt, Patrick, Vilardi, Hischier and of course Liljegren should go top5 and either one would be nice.

I worry about Foote to be honest. He is a fine prospect and finally a D but I am not sure that him getting drafted by this Colorado Avalanche team will do him any good.
We will see I guess...

Let's just move on. This organization needs to give these roots which are not working. We already tried Sakic and Roy. It would be just burden for him to live up to his daddy.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Bad luck. As frustrating as he is to watch, the others are worse. Barrie as a top pairing guy is a cruel joke at this point.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Deserved IMO.

Any idiot who knows a shot is coming by looking at it and purposely turns his skate to the side instead of taking it directly centre with the skate protector/shin pad is asking for trouble.

Honestly, get well soon EJ, but this wasn't a fluke injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad